Cold weather, Ice, Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Baron View Post
    How well does that work when it washes of with the rain?
    I dunno, but rain turns into sleet here and it works just fine. Like I originally said, you don't have the equipment. You can think what you want. You act like there's some huge difference in the sleet/ice there, the fact is Texas isn't prepared and they would benefit to outfit the DOT with the same equipment they have up here. Just a thought...

Comment

• I didn't see this on local news. Vocal group also stuck at DFW did impromptu singing.

Vid at the link:
      DENVER — Saturday’s performance by a vocal band from Colorado at a Texas airport continues to reverberate around the country. Members of Face, an all-vocal rock group, surprised stranded trav…
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• You should tell us more about how y'all are so well prepared and much better at dealing with this shit. http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...171737101.html
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Oh wow, you found a story. Good job. I swear you always just pick arguments with me just for the sake of arguing. Have fun with that. I'll let the facts speak for themselves.

Comment

• That video was crazy. Why the hell was everyone just standing in the road? I would be hauling ass to the woods.
            "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              Oh wow, you found a story. Good job. I swear you always just pick arguments with me just for the sake of arguing. Have fun with that. I'll let the facts speak for themselves.
              Well, why don't you explain to us why this equipment isn't around here to be utilized in an event like we had the last few days around here?
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Well, why don't you explain to us why this equipment isn't around here to be utilized in an event like we had the last few days around here?
                Do I work for the DOT? Ask them. Budget cuts? Sequestration? ObamaCare? Maybe they feel like the cost doesn't outweigh the frequency of it happening? Maybe liability hasn't reached a level to where they feel like they can't get away with it? Those are my guesses.

Comment

I dunno, but rain turns into sleet here and it works just fine. Like I originally said, you don't have the equipment. You can think what you want. You act like there's some huge difference in the sleet/ice there, the fact is Texas isn't prepared and they would benefit to outfit the DOT with the same equipment they have up here. Just a thought...
                  Everything is bigger in Texas, even the thickness of the ice on the roads. Plus, up in N. Texas, it's more dry, so it's a dry ice, as compared to your humid ice.

Comment

You should tell us more about how y'all are so well prepared and much better at dealing with this shit. http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...171737101.html
                    I'll take once in 25 year winter storms in Texas, k, thanks. Screw dealing with that nonsense EVERY year.

Comment

I think it's pure economics. Invest in serious equipment & supplies that's gonna be used once every few years, or expand/repair/build more roads every year. I will say the TXDot response was VERY lack luster on this event.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                        I'll take once in 25 year winter storms in Texas, k, thanks. Screw dealing with that nonsense EVERY year.
                        If the last 4-5 years has been any indication of what is to come you might want to get used to more winter weather than Texan's are used to.

Comment

• Wasn't 2010 the year we got a foot of snow? That was crazy as shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                            If the last 4-5 years has been any indication of what is to come you might want to get used to more winter weather than Texan's are used to.
                            We didn't have much of a winter last year. I only remember a light snow the year prior and 3 years ago we had two snows a week a part. Each snow event didn't sock us in like this ice did.

Comment

• Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
                              The Bryant Irvin Rd. bridge has not been scraped and sucks.
                              Someone got their green 08-09 GT taken out just north of there this morning around 7am. They got hit or hit a Chevy truck pulling out on Bryant Irvin.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                                Someone got their green 08-09 GT taken out just north of there this morning around 7am. They got hit or hit a Chevy truck pulling out on Bryant Irvin.
                                Why do people have to go smashing into green GT's! fuckers!

Comment

Working...
                                X