Math help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
    Yes, the back of the book has the answer, but not how it got to it. My TI-89 tells me the answer but doesn't tell me the steps either.
    So have you looked at the beginning of that chapter/section where it gives you an example of basically every problem that you'll have to do in that section to find out what's going on?
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
      I'm stuck on factoring... That's right, I'm 25 years old and taking high school math. Made the Dean's list though!! LMAO
      Hell, there's no shame in that; in a way it's better since you get a lot of partying out of the way first. At least, that's how I did it. I didn't go back until I was 26 but I'm graduating magna cum laude this Spring with a degree in mechanical engineering

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
        So have you looked at the beginning of that chapter/section where it gives you an example of basically every problem that you'll have to do in that section to find out what's going on?
        Ha, not in that class.

Comment

I'm kind of looking forward to this class. It is the only class I have left to finish my math degree. I opted to get a minor instead of a major in math while getting my physics degree. I'll be finishing up my math with DE which is required for my industrial engineering degree. I'm resuming those classes in the fall
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
            dy/dx = [cos(x-y) / sin(x)sin(y)] - 1

Solve for y.

Not liking this class already.
            have you been on CribME to look for old homework and test solutions? What book are you using? There is probably a solutions manual available through the torrent sites...

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
              have you been on CribME to look for old homework and test solutions? What book are you using? There is probably a solutions manual available through the torrent sites...
              But then you can't show off your uber hard course material! Haha...I'm glad those classes are long behind me and that my masters isn't nearly as technical as my undergrad. Undergrad degrees in ME and EE seem all but impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                I'm stuck on factoring... That's right, I'm 25 years old and taking high school math. Made the Dean's list though!! LMAO
                I was the same way man...had to start with some shit that I didn't even get credit for. Just keep with it and keep practicing. Take all the math classes you can at the junior college because those egghead math professors at the university suck ass.

Comment

Shit, I had 4 years of calculus in college and even took an extra class on PDE's as an elective and I had to look in my book to figure this out. That's what I get for doing telecom for the last 10 years. The only time I had to use calculus in my whole working life was to calculate the polar moment of inertia of some interesting objects when I did robotics.
                  Most things you just look up in a table in the real world but I guess it's good to learn where the stuff comes from.
                  Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                  Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

EDIT - I also googled it and it brought me back here for the answer.
                    Last edited by 71chevellejohn; 01-26-2011, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                      Chapter didn't have any examples of trig subs. Dfwmustangs is great. We can get help on everything.
                      class joke
                      {
                      private:
                      char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
                      double Peas, Carrots;
                      string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
                      };

Comment

Comment

did not know there were so many MIT alumn in here....
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post

EDIT - I also googled it and it brought me back here for the answer.
                            LOL!! I was thinking "42" !!! lol
                            Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              But then you can't show off your uber hard course material!
                              Lol, yep!
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                                LOL!! I was thinking "42" !!! lol
                                I just watched the old British series again on Hulu a few days ago... It was close to the top of my brain.

Comment

Working...
                                X