Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DON'T Feel like I’m getting shafted by a dealership.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay guys, I have to say I'm impressed with Jim Mcnatt Denton! Just got off the phone where I was apologized to and told that when I drop it off Wednesday morning I'll be given a loaner car while they retint the windows. That one hell of a customer service experience!

Comment

Good sheeeet

I was confused with the title change at first
      Originally posted by Sean88gt
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Great job, being polite and courteous usually nets a much better result than being a prick.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          Hmmmm, very interesting thought process.

Hey babe, I bought a new car, the other one was broken, it needed it a new battery...
          You laugh, but I knew a guy once that swore if that if a hood ever had to be lifted by him for anything, it was time to trade it in. There are probably more people that believe that.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
            Great job, being polite and courteous usually nets a much better result than being a prick.
            I always try to go there first. I would rather help a nice person who wants the right thing done than a dick hole who walks in and starts screaming "I want free shit or else!!!"
            Originally posted by Frank View Post
            You laugh, but I knew a guy once that swore if that if a hood ever had to be lifted by him for anything, it was time to trade it in. There are probably more people that believe that.
            My ex sea cow of a mother in law was that way. If the a/c goes out it's time to spend another 20+ thousand dollars because it's just to expensive to fix what’s broken."
            Meanwhile a quote from me the other day, "I just need to replace the trans, turbo and starter this weekend, other than that it perfect!"

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
              I doubt the double dip would be the case, but they make more money on customer pay than warranty, like twice the amount in some cases, so it wouldnt surprise me if they tried to get that first and then go back to warranty. Some customers will just pay whatever bill gets handed to them, and they authorized whatever was suggested.
              I figured there was a reason that they seem to try to get the customer to pay up before filing a warranty claim. I agree that some will just agree to anything pay without question.

OP, good to hear your dealer is coming through for you. This definately looks good on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotortrash View Post
                I figured there was a reason that they seem to try to get the customer to pay up before filing a warranty claim. I agree that some will just agree to anything pay without question.

OP, good to hear your dealer is coming through for you. This definately looks good on them.
                One of the funniest things ive ever witnessed was at a toyota dealer, we got quite a few Asian people that didnt speak a whole lot of english. One of the service writers was getting her info, she kept asking for an oil change. He started saying "oh, you want me to replace the engine too?" and she would say yes. " you want a new transmision too?" and she would agree. He only wrote her up for an oil change, but damn it was funny.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Go get it inspected in Oak Cliff or Plesant Grove...
                  Originally posted by Da Prez
                  Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                  Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    Hmmmm, very interesting thought process.

Hey babe, I bought a new car, the other one was broken, it needed it a new battery...
                    I used to do that on tires.
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                      I never had the chance to have a car inspected until a few years ago. I always traded them in about that time.
                      Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                      Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                      Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                      You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

I just had my Mach inspected, and she just looked at it, tested my tint darkness, and slapped a sticker on it. It's nice living in a county where there are farm trucks out the ass and the inspectors just make sure it drives in and drives out.

4eyedwillie probably has a different opinion. Then again, he had a lot of different opinions.
                        Originally posted by Buzzo
                        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                          That's mostly an urban legend. If they can't test the window tint, they aren't supposed to pass it. I'm sure it works at some places, but most people just regurgitate that story and have never actually tried it.
                          I've heard that if you unplug a Smartwindows4 module that the fuse in the car is good and the windows still don't work. 60% of the time it works every time.

Supposedly, windows functioning was not an inspection item but that changed recently.

Tint is a wear item and needs to be redone every 5 years or so anyway. 99% of tint fades like crazy in 5 years plus seat belt marks, scratches from window felts, etc, etc.

< Does not offer tint anymore.

Comment

Currently reading whole thread at my work.
                            <---Stealership employee. lol.
                            Works for GM, Drives Ford to work everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post

< Does not offer tint anymore.
                              Well that sucks. I need the driver's door of my truck done again.

Comment

Like somebody said, if the laws changed this year I don't think the dealer is responsible. Hell, I'd see if they'd give a good deal on re-tinting it to comply with the law. Somebody else said if you are polite they might do it for free. I know that Five Star was willing to help out long time customers.
                                "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Working...
                                X