Someone build me this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone build me this.

I am willing to pay in beers. Obviously you would cover materials & expenses.

[Brittliv] made the mistake of getting her friends into Nerf weaponry, and so began the race to mutually secured destruction via foam darts. She may have the upper hand in this war, because her Ner…

[Brittliv] made the mistake of getting her friends into Nerf weaponry, and so began the race to mutually secured destruction via foam darts. She may have the upper hand in this war, because her Nerf Vulcan sentry gun is both incredibly powerful and is able to be operated autonomously with a webcam featuring a friend or foe identification system.

The azimuth and elevation mount for the gun is made out of plywood, with each axis controlled by a single servo attached to an Arduino. Of course a stock Nerf gun would be fairly boring, so [BrittLiv] increased both the voltage going to the gun’s motor and the strength of the gun by replacing a 2kg spring with a 5kg spring.

Targets are tracked with a webcam using Processing and a bit of code from Project Sentry Gun. One interesting feature is a friend or foe tracking system; if the gun sees someone wearing a t-shirt with the Instructables logo, the target is identified as a friend and is not brutally mowed down with plastic darts.
    Building instructions:http://www.instructables.com/id/Nerf-Vulcan-Sentry-Gun/The stronger spring:http://www.orangemodworks.com/product_p/spg-vc1.htm&Click=92...
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Awe

some
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

This reminds me of the Bruce Willis movie called "The Jackal".
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
        This reminds me of the Bruce Willis movie called "The Jackal".
        I would gladly shoot Jack Black with this, and film it, if someone would build it for me.

Comment

Aliens Sentry gun.

Comment

SPRAWL!!!

aaaayooooo

Comment

I have one of those full auto Nerf guns. I bought it for the wife for our second anniversary and she sat down and tore it apart to make it shoot faster and modified the ammo to give it a bit more 'punch' when it hit me
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                I have one of those full auto Nerf guns. I bought it for the wife for our second anniversary and she sat down and tore it apart to make it shoot faster and modified the ammo to give it a bit more 'punch' when it hit me
                That's love.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  I would gladly shoot Jack Black with this, and film it, if someone would build it for me.
                  You had me a "shoot Jack Black".

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                    That's love.
                    She bought me the Nerf version of a shotgun with a 20 round drum and the day after Christmas we took off to Walmart at 2 am to pick up accessories for our weapons. Spent the next week playing seek and destroy around the house
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                      She bought me the Nerf version of a shotgun with a 20 round drum and the day after Christmas we took off to Walmart at 2 am to pick up accessories for our weapons. Spent the next week playing seek and destroy around the house
                      That's awesome!

Comment

I have a NFA Browning 1919 that is going on one of these as soon as I can find the time to build it. I thought thay my VSS-1 guarding my front door was cool but this takes it to a whole new level.
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I have a NFA Browning 1919 that is going on one of these as soon as I can find the time to build it. I thought thay my VSS-1 guarding my front door was cool but this takes it to a whole new level.
                          That sounds ever so slightly irresponsible, and I'd bet it's illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                            That sounds ever so slightly irresponsible, and I'd bet it's illegal.

There is only one way for anyone to find out if I really did it and that will be to be killed by it. I will have more to worry about at that point (like killing as many of "Them" as possibly before they kill me) and really will not care about the laws finer points as I intend to never see the inside of a cell.

Comment

There is only one way for anyone to find out if I really did it and that will be to be killed by it. I will have more to worry about at that point (like killing as many of "Them" as possibly before they kill me) and really will not care about the laws finer points as I intend to never see the inside of a cell.
                              Get this bullshit out of my thread, line-em-up 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X