Meeting people as a mechanic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
    that's one I would DEFINITELY send packing... by saying: "man, you're looking at about $2900 to get it back on the road"
    The bed has a camper and it is filled solid with crap as is the entire interior save for the drivers seat.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• I'd hate to see what that guys house looks like.
      De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
        The bed has a camper and it is filled solid with crap as is the entire interior save for the drivers seat.

lol, I would have told him it was $3900 to get it back on the road!

fuck every single bit of that
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
          All auto parts are hit and miss. Heck online is cheaper if you can wait. Got a quote for some specialty sandpaper (3000grit) 6.95 per sheet with my commercial discount.

Amazon bigger sheet 28 shipped for a 12 pack.
          good auto parts are not hit and miss...

consumables are obviously going to vary in price a ton... you're saying that because you can get sandpaper cheap online that an Autozone starter is the same as a Ford starter?

Comment

• Originally posted by 95ragtop View Post
            I'd hate to see what that guys house looks like.
            you're looking at his house

Comment

My 6 y.o. just said "ewwwww...thats bad"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                good auto parts are not hit and miss...

consumables are obviously going to vary in price a ton... you're saying that because you can get sandpaper cheap online that an Autozone starter is the same as a Ford starter?
                You can get a ford starter on amazon too

amazon ftw only thing I dont order online is oil. Unless I need a 5 gallon jug/pail then its even cheaper.

Lifetime warranty used to be what kept local places in business but I got hassled last time doing a set of rotors and pads that its not worth buying even those locally anymore.

Comment

\[/img]
                  I'm not sure I have even seen one of our work trucks come in that bad. I'm not a neat freak, but I just cant conceive how a person ends up with something that full of shit.

Comment

• it appears for most part the mechanical/service side mostly gets to see the stupid and ignorant people.

work on the collision side and you will see what crazy really is, and you can see the level of how low down pieces of shit people really can be.

Comment

• Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
                      it appears for most part the mechanical/service side mostly gets to see the stupid and ignorant people.

work on the collision side and you will see what crazy really is, and you can see the level of how low down pieces of shit people really can be.
                      And that's just the painters!

Comment

• Originally posted by mysticcobrakilla View Post
                        and that's just the painters!
                        hi-yooooo!!!!!!

Comment

• Well stinky truck was fixed and sent on its way. He didn't know what to do with himself it ran so smooth (his words). I tried to explain just how lucky he was to him. The rat ate through ignition wires 2 and 3 so he got the truck there on 2 cylinders only. That is possibly why he didn't blow the motor up driving it 30 miles with no coolant, they just pumped air (and fuel) so they helped keep it cool enough. That's just a guess on my part, made sense so I ran with it. He also wanted his AC fixed so I did that too but for the life of me........ you cant sit in that truck with the windows down let alone with them up. I had to hold my breath just to pull it out of the shop.
                          Hes a good customer and has spent a lot with me but I told him he is going to have to clean his vehicles before he brings them in to me. That $500 ticket isn't worth Hep B. LOL

Did teach me to say no though. Lady came in a rat turd POS Montero today needing a brake light replaced for inspection, no problem they are $10 installed. Try to open the tailgate to get to the screws and she says "Oh that don't open". Well it is no longer $10. I have to go inside, pull apart the tailgate, grab the rod and open it up so at least an hour. She agrees. I look inside and its just like that damn S10. But worse. I smell this smell that is making me gag just thinking about it. She grabs some juicy brown bag out of the back covered in maggots and says "Oh one of the kids must have left that in there." Yeah, no. Sorry, I am not working on your car. I sent her to The Shop as that guy is a meth head idiot that will have no problem going with her suggestion of opening the tailgate which was to use my 4' pry bar and then use rope to keep it closed.
                          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• But then there are times I look like an idiot to them. Had a 2000 Tahoe come in because the windshield washer bottle leaked. I get under the truck and can see the crack in the side of the front washer pump so I order and install a new pump. Tell my sidekick to fill it up and as he pulls the truck out and I cash the customer out. She comes back 5 minutes later because the "low washer fluid" warning came on. I pour water in it, goes right out. Damn. Move the battery and see the bottle is cracked as well and order a new one and tell sidekick to install it. Shes happy and goes on her way. Yesterday morning she comes back, still leaking. Ugh, this time I go under there and see the rear pump is also cracked. I order one, install it myself and confirm no leaks with some pressure. All is good.
                            Slammed this morning and she come pulling back in and is upset because it gave her the message this morning it was low again. WTF? I look, not a drop. Look inside, it is full. Thump the sensor and that clears the message. Had I of replaced the tank myself I would have seen that corroded sensor and suggested a replacement at that time. Now I feel bad and tell her just pay for the sensor and I will install it for free.

I am sure in her eyes we looked like incompetent idiots because I felt that way about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
                              it appears for most part the mechanical/service side mostly gets to see the stupid and ignorant people.

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                              And that's just the painters!
                              LMAO I was thinking the same thing.

Painters can be....funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                                LMAO I was thinking the same thing.

Painters can be....funny.
                                I think painting is for people who like to get high and do some work. Every time i mess with bondo i get high as hell and i wear all the right gear with ventalation.

I get shit done tho

Comment

Working...
                                X