Meeting people as a mechanic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post

I would have asked for the manager. That guy is going to kill someone. Actually I don't mind calling and being the bad guy if you know the store and counter guys name.
    Not necessarily. When I was a BMW tech at Moritz in Arlington, BMW called for a red lube to be sprayed on the back of the pad and a blue colored (obviously not a lube) spray on the pad surface. Just sayin.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
      Not necessarily. When I was a BMW tech at Moritz in Arlington, BMW called for a red lube to be sprayed on the back of the pad and a blue colored (obviously not a lube) spray on the pad surface. Just sayin.
      I am aware of that bed in spray. A lot of higher end pads have it already applied. But Autozone always tries to sell counter customers the lube. Its for the brake hardware (slide pins) and/or the back of the pad where it contacts the pistons and caliper housing for floating calipers.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by POSYJ View Post
        Dammit! We need a "like" button on here..
        just for that i think your apache sucks!

Comment

• really though anyone with info on this mini? i am thinking it HAS to be tie rods and wheel bearings.. the thing honestly sounds like The Texas Giant going down the road. My buddy got a 2014 Fiesta ST and asked if he could just leave the cooper S here. I'm gonna talk him into a buy in to turn it into an AutoX only car that we can both track, or make the repairs and let him pay it out once i get it 100% again.

Comment

• 2004 mini cooper S, supercharged with 200k miles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
              2004 mini cooper S, supercharged with 200k miles.
              In all honesty, the best thing that could happen to that would be for someone else (preferably that you don't like/will never see again) to be the owner of it.
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• i've suggested to him it needs to get stolen, just not sure how to facilitate that..

Comment

• Im sure you know someone.
                  Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                    I see you've met 4king.
                    Lol

I am not brand loyal as I've mentioned before. Go with the people you trust and not just the name on the door.

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post

I would have asked for the manager. That guy is going to kill someone. Actually I don't mind calling and being the bad guy if you know the store and counter guys name.
                    Correct, but I'm willing to bet the store manager trained him. I encourage you to fill out the receipt survey, I've had employees fired for customer surveys calling them out on bad advice and bad attitudes. Trust me you need to do it now before that employee tells some one some really bad advice and leaves some one stranded

The old policy was to push bulb grease, brake grease etc, however they changed that years ago to selling only related items. So pads with rotors, coolant with water pump. We are ranked on those sales, but it is more a metric of if we are just selling parts or actually giving advice on the full job.

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                    Not sure if the guy was pushing the anti-squeal stuff or the silicone grease to use on the sliding pins.
                    He was pushing the slider pin grease. There is also a product that is like a rtv compound for the back of pads, and yes I have had an employee sell those as pad grease. Guess what that customer got a new set of rotors, calipers and pads on the house thanks to my fine employee

I haven't had any complaints on our pads besides the guys just doing pad slaps on high mileage cars. My commercial customers get better deals on our pad and rotors bundles ($99 for 2 rotors and set of OE pads) than I can get, on my camaro I run hawk pads

Naynay sounds like wheel bearings but it could be alot of things
                    Last edited by 4king; 10-12-2015, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• im gonna start at the bearings and work my way in. thank you for your free advice without the diagnostic fee.

Comment

• This job is tiring

lol

oilpan is a bitch to get back on. Tight spaces
                        WH

Comment

2004 mini cooper S, supercharged with 200k miles.
                          You are going to regret this..........
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

im gonna start at the bearings and work my way in. thank you for your free advice without the diagnostic fee.
                            I try to give the best advice I can. try to research a problem as much as you can before you throw parts at it. I know it sounds stupid but yes there is a Google icon on the main parts page on our parts computers. If I can't find the part, or the customer doesn't know the name of the part they need I can find it online.

Tie rod ends going bad will usually cause a car to trace down the road, making the steering feel loose or jerk the wheel harshly if it catches a groove or rut on the pavement

Sway bar links will usually cause a metallic rattle sound when going over bumps or around corners.

A bad axle will usually click at low speeds when turning

A bad wheel bearing can often sound like bad brake pads. A quick tip when replacing brake pads, when the caliper is removed from the rotor you can spin the rotor and listen for any noise. A smooth bearing will make no noise, a bad bearing will cause a slight grinding noise as you turn the hub and rotor

Cheers

Comment

• BTW I did have an older gentleman come in this morning with an 03 altima v6 fully loaded with only 27k miles. The car is burgundy and literally looks brand new inside and out. He is asking $5k for it, I will gladly message you his phone number if you are interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4king View Post
                                BTW I did have an older gentleman come in this morning with an 03 altima v6 fully loaded with only 27k miles. The car is burgundy and literally looks brand new inside and out. He is asking $5k for it, I will gladly message you his phone number if you are interested.
                                Ha Sounds like the one I'm working on. Tan leather interior, lots of options. Sans the v6. Its got higher mileage than that, but its in great shape. I hope to have it finished up by noon tomorrow. And I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew. Not that it'll matter I guess. She'd still have to get a new motor or a new car anyway
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X