No announcement yet.

Meeting people as a mechanic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really dislike some of my customers. I have one that shows up every 13-14,000 miles for an oil change on a vehicle that needs it every 3500 miles. I dont do changes unless I am doing other work but for whatever reason they insist on coming here anyway. So once again its been 14,450 miles since last oil change. I get in the car and want to puke. I go in my office where they are waiting and want to puke again the stench is so bad. So the oil change gets done and they go to leave and one comes back in complaining the brake lights dont work and what did I do? Well nothing, they burnt the fuck out. I pop a housing and show her the burned bulb. She insists they had to work yesterday or else she would have been pulled over. Well maybe they did. Thats how lights operate. They work and then at some point they burn out. That will be $30 please. Argh. I hate Mondays.
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
      I hate Mondays.
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• see

Comment

• Sir, you need new front pads and rotors.
          I can do it myself!
          Okay.
          *next day*
          I couldn't get the rotors off and now it pulls to the right. Can you fix it?
          Yes, we can turn bolts.

First thing we see. Pigtailed brake line. No wonder it pulls. No, you can not do your own brakes apparently.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Nice swaybar links!
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              He's not trying to be a keyboard hero. He's trying to stop you from giving out fucking awful mechanical advice. You are everything that is wrong with Auto Zone employees.
              Autozone doesn't seem to want anyone working for them with any actual experience working on/building/racing cars.

A few years ago I was between jobs so I was applying here and there for any kind of work and I applied at Autozone. I assumed that it would be pretty easy to get on with them with my experience. I did their online skills aptitude test that comes up when you apply for a job and I aced it.... and I never heard back from them.

Meanwhile, every time I went to Autozone to get something I left shaking my head at their choices of people that did work there.

Comment

• I'm not a mechanic but I was poking around under the hood of my truck after noticing that the AC wasn't working. I think I found out why. The previous owner ran speaker wire to run the compressor. A friend of mine said it's the compressor's high pressure switch? that is wired with speaker wire. Even I know better than do this crap.
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Working on this pos. Customer wants to cut corners I told him I would need to take out the front and back glass out. And cut out all the rusted sections and replace with new sheet metal.

sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                  🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

• Not pictured are rusted out floorpans as well. I would not even bother putting any money in this piece of shit it is too far gone. But oh well it's not my money.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

• Originally posted by soap View Post
                      Not pictured are rusted out floorpans as well. I would not even bother putting any money in this piece of shit it is too far gone. But oh well it's not my money.
                      what is it?
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                        what is it?
                        A future convertible.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                          A future convertible.
                          LOL!

Looks like a 1st gen Monte Carlo maybe.
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• I was going to ask if it was going to be a convertable
                            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                              what is it?
                              An old 60's Oldsmobile Cutlass 442.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

• Just keep finding More and more shot metal. I'm just about ready to Cover all the holes with gorilla tape. Cover with a light coat of Bondo and spray a rubberized coating. Seriously thinking about that. Especially with this cheap bastard. I'll probably mention a convertible option to him lol.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                                X