GM Trucks so hot they burn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
    I do believe it was the cruise control switch on the master cylinder that was causing the fires, the harnes was replaced due to the new switch.

You are right, cruise control deactivation switch. They install a fuseable link. And it was on almost all Ford RWD vehicles. Mustangs, Mark VIIIs, Thunderbirds, Explorers, Expiditions ETC ETC.
    This is an 01 F-150 I was just working on Friday.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      With the ford recall, they don't even replace the switch, they just install a fuseable link in between your old harness and switch.
      Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
      You are right, cruise control deactivation switch. They install a fuseable link. And it was on almost all Ford RWD vehicles. Mustangs, Mark VIIIs, Thunderbirds, Explorers, Expiditions ETC ETC.
      This is an 01 F-150 I was just working on Friday.

All I knew was that they replaced the switch and harness on my 94 lightning. I thought the switch was part of the recall also.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
        With the ford recall, they don't even replace the switch, they just install a fuseable link in between your old harness and switch.
        Correct...they did that to my Lightning...but didnt catch my KR on time. That thing burned to the ground.
        Originally posted by Da Prez
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

I thought ford updated this switch and swapped it out?
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

They did update the switch for later models. They decided a bandaid was better for older models.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Working...
            X