X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets have fun with this...

Today's cigar: La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Belicoso
    Cigar Aficionado rated 94, #2 Cigar of Year rating 2011

Made by My Father (who makes fucking awesome cigars) for Ashton, it's a terrific smoke. Lots of coffee, sweet floral flavors, earthy. Nicaraguan wrapper in a maduro leaf that helps the sweetness balance out the obviously full body smoke. LADC got a LOT of this wrapper leaf, so even after two years of production it never falters in the same rich flavor. It doesn't hurt that this cigar is readily available and under $10.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I'll add it to my list!
      2012 GT500

Comment

whats a good first cigar? I think i'd prefer a smaller/thinner one to start out

also, any preferred shops around downtown dallas to buy from?
        Last edited by dsrtuckteezy; 04-01-2014, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
          whats a good first cigar? I think i'd prefer a smaller/thinner one to start out

also, any preferred shops around downtown dallas to buy from?
          "a good first cigar" will always differ depending on your personal tastes. Some like maduro. Some like Connecticut. Some like a huge ring gauge (width).

I like the corona size, which are shorter and thinner. A good portion of a cigar's taste comes from the wrapper leaf, so the thinner cigars (coronas, panatelas, lanceros, lonsdales) boast more of the wrapper and less of the filler. If I like a cigar, there's a great chance I'll hunt down one of those mentioned sizes so I can really taste the prize in the show: the wrapper leaf.

Now that I'm done explaining why you wanting a thinner cigar will actually help you appreciate a cigar more, here's 3 cigars that are readily available that are $10 or less and fucking awesome:

L'atelier MAD44 - maduro corona size.
          Tatuaje Havana VI Victoria - panatela shade grown Connecticut
          La Flor Dominicana Air Bender Chisel - flat headed torpedo (non-maduro!)

Those are all great choices and will give you an enjoyable smoke.
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          dont downshift!!

Comment

I always recommend the acid kuba kuba. Its an exotic tasting cigar that is mild and very enjoyable. It was my first cigar and many first time smokers will like it, and it will help them get their foot in the door. In my experience not everybody will like the taste of a regular cigar at first, and may be turned off of them because of that. Everybody that I've started on acids have always come back for more.

I wouldn't really recommend starting with anything maduro, my first made me sick and I tried to move probie up to a maduro and he had a very bad time. My thoughts are: enjoy the flavor infused (acid) and the Connecticut shade stuff as much as you can, because once you step up, you won't want to go back: think about going from a 250cc to a 600cc sportbike.
            2012 GT500

Comment

Not sure how close to downtown you're wanting but Havana Social Club in Victory Plaza and Up In Smoke on McKinney ave are both nice places.

It's hard to say a best first smoke as everyone has different taste in what they like. Most cigars with a Connecticut (light wrapper) are going to be smooth and mild. Many people like to start here and work their way into a medium or full body cigar.

I smoked a lot of Helix, Punch, Macanudo, and Baccarat connecticut wrapped cigars when I first started out.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                I always recommend the acid kuba kuba. Its an exotic tasting cigar that is mild and very enjoyable. It was my first cigar and many first time smokers will like it, and it will help them get their foot in the door. In my experience not everybody will like the taste of a regular cigar at first, and may be turned off of them because of that. Everybody that I've started on acids have always come back for more.

I wouldn't really recommend starting with anything maduro, my first made me sick and I tried to move probie up to a maduro and he had a very bad time. My thoughts are: enjoy the flavor infused (acid) and the Connecticut shade stuff as much as you can, because once you step up, you won't want to go back: think about going from a 250cc to a 600cc sportbike.
                What was that Romeo Y Julieta that we got at that cigar shop in Mena on the bike trip last summer? That was my first. Now I smoke the Havana Reserves, and I'm a big fan of Rocky Patel; the Sun Grown, and the Private Cellar in particular. Thinner gauge, more flavor. I'll throw in an Acid kuba, or kuba maduro to mix it up some. Perdomo as well, but they're a little harsh for me.
                Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
                  What was that Romeo Y Julieta that we got at that cigar shop in Mena on the bike trip last summer? That was my first. Now I smoke the Havana Reserves, and I'm a big fan of Rocky Patel; the Sun Grown, and the Private Cellar in particular. Thinner gauge, more flavor. I'll throw in an Acid kuba, or kuba maduro to mix it up some. Perdomo as well, but they're a little harsh for me.
                  I smoke A LOT of the Rocky Patel line. Currently have the following in my humidor
                  Sun Grown
                  Vintage 1990
                  Vintage 1992
                  Vintage 1999
                  Vintage 2003
                  15th Anniversary
                  Xen by Nish Patel

Perdomo has a good line up as well, especially if you're not into spending a lot on cigars. Everything from the Cuban Bullet, Nick's Sticks, Lot 23, to the Estate Seleccion. It's a good inexpensive line.
                  Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Cigar guys in here!

FYI

Edit... It's tough to read... Located at En Fuego to tobacco shop in Frisco. 25 bucks for all you can eat crawfish, a beer, and a cigar if you purchase your tickets by tomorrow afternoon. The owner said you can call him and pay over the phone. If you buy tickets after that, they are 40.00

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                      "a good first cigar" will always differ depending on your personal tastes. Some like maduro. Some like Connecticut. Some like a huge ring gauge (width).

I like the corona size, which are shorter and thinner. A good portion of a cigar's taste comes from the wrapper leaf, so the thinner cigars (coronas, panatelas, lanceros, lonsdales) boast more of the wrapper and less of the filler. If I like a cigar, there's a great chance I'll hunt down one of those mentioned sizes so I can really taste the prize in the show: the wrapper leaf.

Now that I'm done explaining why you wanting a thinner cigar will actually help you appreciate a cigar more, here's 3 cigars that are readily available that are $10 or less and fucking awesome:

L'atelier MAD44 - maduro corona size.
                      Tatuaje Havana VI Victoria - panatela shade grown Connecticut
                      La Flor Dominicana Air Bender Chisel - flat headed torpedo (non-maduro!)

Those are all great choices and will give you an enjoyable smoke.
                      Great info, thanks. So the Connecticut leaf will be the milder option? I think I'll stop by 3r cigar and see if they have the tatuaje Havana co Victoria.

Also do all cigars require the tip to be cut off?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Great info, thanks. So the Connecticut leaf will be the milder option? I think I'll stop by 3r cigar and see if they have the tatuaje Havana vi Victoria.

Comment

Great info, thanks. So the Connecticut leaf will be the milder option? I think I'll stop by 3r cigar and see if they have the tatuaje Havana vi Victoria.

It's all personal preference. I prefer a full (traditional) cut where you cut the tip of the cigar cut. You can always notch the tip with a V cut or use a punch, which creates a smaller hole.

Comment

The wrapper doesn't have as much to do with the strength as the blend. Great example: a Cuban Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure 2 will fuck you up pretty good: aside from a few Cohibas all Cuban cigars are natural wrappers. Most maduro wrappers are going to have some punch in the filler just because the market asks for dark=stronger. The filler tobacco will do more for the power than anything, watch out for anything ligero .

As for cutting, I prefer a punch.

Oh, new treats arrived...

dont downshift!!

Comment

It's a great cigar. If they don't have the Victoria, just snag any of the red banded ones. They're all Havana VI.
                              dont downshift!!

Comment

He didn't have that one or the torpedo so he recommended a perdomo champagne

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X