No announcement yet.

Cigar guys in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to get rid of your old box? If so, how many cigars does it hold?

Comment

• Originally posted by sosoe View Post
      Want to get rid of your old box? If so, how many cigars does it hold?
      It is a board member's old one, I'll ask if I can pass it on
      2012 GT500

Comment

• the lfd airbender. the first cigar that made it hard for me to get up my stairs.
        2012 GT500

Comment

• Alright, taking a cruise through the east carribean, and ending up in venezuela for a bit. One of my primary goals for any cruise is a) booze b) cigars. I'm trying to decide how and what I should bring back for cigars. Anyone have some suggestions or tips? I decided to take a tour of the La Flor Dominicana Cigar Factory, I'll take some pics if you guys are interested.
          Last edited by CJ; 04-30-2014, 09:26 PM.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• So far the list I have is:

box of LFD Ligero, maybe a box of Cameroon Cabinet
            A few Cohiba Robustos
            Arturo Fuente Don Carlos No. 2
            Arturo Fuente OpusX Super Belicoso
            La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel

And as for select/harder to find premium
            Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No. 2
            Davidoff Nicaragua Toro
            Montecristo Sublimes LE 2008
            Last edited by CJ; 04-30-2014, 10:30 PM.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
              So far the list I have is:

box of LFD Ligero, maybe a box of Cameroon Cabinet
              A few Cohiba Robustos
              Arturo Fuente Don Carlos No. 2
              Arturo Fuente OpusX Super Belicoso
              La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel

And as for select/harder to find premium
              Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No. 2
              Davidoff Nicaragua Toro
              Montecristo Sublimes LE 2008

all the LFD stuff can be bought and enjoyed stateside, so I wouldn't worry about that. I smoked a ddouble ligero chisel tonight. I'd be smoking cubans and bringing back cubans. If you find some epicure number 2's, bring a couple back! they ain't cheap by the box.... The Montecristo habana I had rocked (no. 2) so if you find some of those smoke one. I'm sure Don will chime in.
              2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                all the LFD stuff can be bought and enjoyed stateside, so I wouldn't worry about that.
                The reason is prices, I'll report back what I find, but now would be the time to pick up a large quantity if I could find them for a good price.

Comment

The reason is prices, I'll report back what I find, but now would be the time to pick up a large quantity if I could find them for a good price.
                  That is true, but a box of most flors here come out to around $3 a stick. Doesn't seem worth trying to lug a box back for a few bucks.
                  2012 GT500

Comment

• I'll only buy Cuban stuff from authorized Habanos S.A. retailers. I know around the Dom Rep you can smoke LFD and Fuente stuff cheaply, I LOVE LFD and would have no issue puffing on those the entire time. I'm also the snob that goes to Mexico and other countries in the carribean and brings his own Cuban cigars (since they estimate 85+% of what's sold is fake).

Jeremy, I have several Hoyo No2s. No I won't sell them.
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                      I'll only buy Cuban stuff from authorized Habanos S.A. retailers. I know around the Dom Rep you can smoke LFD and Fuente stuff cheaply, I LOVE LFD and would have no issue puffing on those the entire time. I'm also the snob that goes to Mexico and other countries in the carribean and brings his own Cuban cigars (since they estimate 85+% of what's sold is fake).

Jeremy, I have several Hoyo No2s. No I won't sell them.
                      Yeah finding real cubans seems to be a little tricky. There are some authorized/licensed retailers for cuban cigars that are approved by the cuban government. But even then, seems difficult to determine what is real, and what isn't. As for LFD, I've read a few places that the cigars can be had for nearly half the price you pay for them here, so for a few boxes that's a hell of a savings and worth the trouble. Taxes and excise is high for the US on alcohol/tobacco, so it only makes sense they would be cheaper where they are made. You can find liquor for nearly 1/3rd the price.

Comment

Yeah finding real cubans seems to be a little tricky. There are some authorized/licensed retailers for cuban cigars that are approved by the cuban government. But even then, seems difficult to determine what is real, and what isn't. As for LFD, I've read a few places that the cigars can be had for nearly half the price you pay for them here, so for a few boxes that's a hell of a savings and worth the trouble. Taxes and excise is high for the US on alcohol/tobacco, so it only makes sense they would be cheaper where they are made. You can find liquor for nearly 1/3rd the price.
                        If they have this logo in the window, you're golden:

Also, the Habanos S.A. shops only sell the real deal. Since every single box has a scan-able, track-able holographic seal on it, it's tough to have fake sealed boxes. You can see the seal and hologram on some of the stuff in my humidor here:

Why that dealer sign is important is for several reasons... If Habanos S.A. ever catches them selling junk (which is easy to do since the ONLY distributor is Habanos S.A.) they get black listed. It's tough enough to become a legit dealer, selling shit cigars to a market that readily pays top U.S. dollar for real Cuban smokes is asinine and nowhere near worth the risk. Habanos S.A. knows that selling stuff that's sub-par tarnishes the brand and the product... they're pretty heavy-handed on that. Spot checks by the regional distributor are common.
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        dont downshift!!

Comment

• Now I just need to find some good retailers in La Romana. I'll keep my eyes peeled for that sign, thanks man.

Comment

Now I just need to find some good retailers in La Romana. I'll keep my eyes peeled for that sign, thanks man.
                            here's the ONLY authorized Habanos S.A. dealer in Venezuela...

GRUPO VERILUX C.A.
                            Distributor for:
                            Domestic Market and Duty Free in Venezuela.
                            President: Mr. Miguel Angel De La Campa
                            Director: Mr. Carlos H. Lander T.
                            Address: Ave Orinoco con Copernico, Edif. Elkano, PB!. Las Mercedes, Caracas, Venezuela
                            Phone: +58 212 991 5382, + 58 212 991 7366, +58 212 991 9794
                            Fax: +58 212 991 7123
                            Email: carlos.lander@gmail.com
                            dont downshift!!

Comment

here's the ONLY authorized Habanos S.A. dealer in Venezuela...

GRUPO VERILUX C.A.
                              Distributor for:
                              Domestic Market and Duty Free in Venezuela.
                              President: Mr. Miguel Angel De La Campa
                              Director: Mr. Carlos H. Lander T.
                              Address: Ave Orinoco con Copernico, Edif. Elkano, PB!. Las Mercedes, Caracas, Venezuela
                              Phone: +58 212 991 5382, + 58 212 991 7366, +58 212 991 9794
                              Fax: +58 212 991 7123
                              Email: carlos.lander@gmail.com
                              Is there a registry of dealers somewhere I can see? How about in La Romana, DR?

Comment

, I have several Hoyo No2s. No I won't sell them.
                                You whore!!
                                2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                                X