Missing 777

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    haha, everytime I'm on a plane I lol at the instructions on what to do in case of water crash. Like yeah, those are going to save my life when we come crashing into the water, gravity is a motherfucker!
    Tyler Durden: [pointing at an emergency instruction manual on a plane] You know why they put oxygen masks on planes?
    Narrator: So you can breathe.
    Tyler Durden: Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you're taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric, docile. You accept your fate. It's all right here. Emergency water landing - 600 miles an hour. Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows.

Comment

• ^^^

lmao
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• I used to think that a pilot getting on a plane drunk was a bad thing, but every time I fly somewhere I'm usually drunk as fuck...
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          haha, everytime I'm on a plane I lol at the instructions on what to do in case of water crash. Like yeah, those are going to save my life when we come crashing into the water, gravity is a motherfucker!
          I've explained to someone on an international flight why I don't pay attention to those lectures they give. I was reading and the guy next to me told me I should listen to the speech. Short story is I explained that the plane is a Pepsi can and what happens when you slam a Pepsi can against your forehead? It crumples. Amplify that by 600 mph and add jetfuel.

22 hours of silence.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            I've explained to someone on an international flight why I don't pay attention to those lectures they give. I was reading and the guy next to me told me I should listen to the speech. Short story is I explained that the plane is a Pepsi can and what happens when you slam a Pepsi can against your forehead? It crumples. Amplify that by 600 mph and add jetfuel.

22 hours of silence.
            That's one way to get a nosey, know it all over achiever to shut the fuck up...

Comment

• Malaysian search and rescue:

Chinese internet users have mocked reports that the Malaysian government invited a witch doctor to help look for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane.

Chinese ridicule Malaysia’s recruitment of ‘witch doctor’ to track missing plane

Ibrahim Mat Zin, also known as the Raja Bomoh Sedunia Nujum VIP, used spiritual methods and prayers at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport to help locate the missing plane. Photo: Reuters

Chinese netizens have mocked reports that the Malaysian government invited a witch doctor to help hunt for the missing state carrier's plane amid increasing criticism of the search and rescue operation.

Malaysian media reported that Ibrahim Mat Zin, a famous “bomoh” [shaman] also known as the Raja Bomoh Sedunia Nujum VIP, performed a prayer at Kuala Lumpur International Airport on Monday to help locate the missing MH370, allegedly at the invitation of one of the country’s top leaders.

“I think the plane is still in the air or has crashed into the sea,” he was quoted by Free Malaysia Today as saying.

Cynical Weibo users in China ridiculed the conclusion. “Wow, that is exactly what I think too,” many wrote.

One user who claimed to be Malaysian wrote: “I feel so ashamed as a Malaysian for the first time, not because of any wrongdoing on Malaysia’s part but for having a brainless prime minister.

"Instead of hiring a witch doctor holding two coconuts to be ridiculed, would be better off to do something down-to-earth. …. Stop losing Malaysia’s face!”

Another message that was reposted more than 10,000 times within less than a day read: “In the past few days, Vietnam has cleaned up all the trash on the sea. Whatever Vietnam found, Malaysia shook its head and just said ‘NO NO NO’. Out of distrust of Vietnam, it kindly invited a witch doctor to determine the location.”

Many expressed astonishment that spiritual methods were being considered in the hunt for the plane, as the operation entered its fifth day.

“China deployed 10 satellites, Malaysia deployed a few witch doctors…..is this action art?” said another message.

Jamil Khir Baharom, a minister in the Malaysian Prime Minister’s Department, had earlier said the government welcomed any help in tracing missing flight MH370, including that from bomohs, as long as their methods did not contravene the practices of Islam, Free Malaysia Today reported.

Muslims make up more than half of Malaysia’s population of 22.7 million people. Malaysian Muslims respect spiritual power and bomohs are well respected among believers.

The Raja Bomoh, who has 50 years of experience, rose to fame after offering his services in searching for victims in several major cases, including the Highland Tower tragedy, Kuala Dipang flood and the Mona Fendy murder, according to Free Malaysia Today.

“We use a fish trap hook and a bamboo binocular to search and ask for the victims to be found as soon as possible,” he said. He added that he would go back to the airport to perform another prayer in two days.

It is not unusual in parts of Malaysia for believers and politicians to turn to shamans. More than 200 people in the country were defrauded of a total of more than 23.4 million yuan (HK$30 million) in 2012 in cases involving shamans.

Comment

• “I think the plane is still in the air or has crashed into the sea..." Stand back guys, we're dealing with the real deal here.

Comment

• The Malaysians are seriously making themselves look worse by the hour with this deal.

Comment

• Can't make this shit up ..

Comment

• I feel for the families watching this circus trying to find their lost loved ones.

Fucking terrible.

Comment

• Finally a country whose government looks worse than ours!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                          Please tell me that site is satire. If not, that's more puzzling than the fact that a plane disappeared.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kimmypie View Post
                            Finally a country whose government looks worse than ours!
                            I was thinking the same thing.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              “I think the plane is still in the air or...
                              That would some kind of awesome fuel economy.

Comment

• This has officially become a circus.
                                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                                X