Missing 777

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• I still don't see how an aircraft this size just disappears from radar.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        Why highjack the plane (either passenger or crew), disable the tracking systems, fly for hours afterwards and not land it somewhere? If they did infact land, then with there being no word of where, it can only be state sponsored terrorism. And if it is, why not claim it already. The only country that could/would be able to hide that would NK or Iran. I don't think they had the fuel for Iran or even PAK. If it was in PAK, we would know also.

If they went through all that effort to disguise where they were, it wouldn't make sense to crash it into the sea. If you were gonna do that, you would want someone to know you did it, so you crash it on land, populated area or turn on the tracking so it shows up somewhere.

my $.02 and we still don't know shit.

I wouldn't imagine they would claim it until after they used it. If that theory is correct, they're going to want to use it sooner rather than later. There aren't many places a plane like that can land and go unnoticed. Even a small island in that part of the world would have a population and word gets around too fast these days.

Comment

• Real tall order to try and believe the plane made it to Afghanistan
          Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          my $.02 and we still don't know shit.
          No one does.
          Last edited by SS Junk; 03-15-2014, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• How much runway would a plane that size need to land and also how much to take off again? Seems like that would be a limiting factor on where the plane could go if future use(terrorist) is the intent.

Comment

• Originally posted by crapstang View Post
              They have a separate system on which they transmit the data. That way some mechanic can't just "switch" the system off and run hours on it without logging them.
              Actually you can switch off the DTU. You can either pull the cb powering it or they have a maintenance switch for when you are performing maintenance you do not log a bunch of erroneous fault codes.
              07 GT500
              05 SRT10
              88 turbocoupe T-bird
              93 Cobra
              86 coupe
              Ducati 848

Comment

• for you geeks...read carefully and remember who was onboard..

Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                  Real tall order to try and believe the plane made it to Afghanistan

No one does.
                  I just went and looked. Not here. Besides, in Afghanistan, we control all the airfields.

In all seriousness. IF, and that is a BIG IF, that plane was in this part of the world these idiots would be all over their phones talking about it. Terrorism and their terrorists just don't know how to keep their mouths shut. For that, there are folks that listen in all day long to them chatting like little birds. Like I said, a operation that size would involve way too many people and there is no way they could keep it a secret this long.

If they landed that bitch, I would say coast of Africa.

It is in the ocean.

Hell, someone may have even shot it down and doesn't want to fess up.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• I guess when you can't produce transcontinental missles. You just put the bomb in a transcontinental aircraft.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      Hell, someone may have even shot it down and doesn't want to fess up.

Frankly I've always wondered if that is what really happened to Flight 93.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        Yup...make up the hero story and people buy it. There were some rumors and stories that it was shot down, but in this day and age and with how corrupt/shady the media is, who knows what the truth is about anything anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          Highly doubtful since it flew straight into the ground. Debris field was minimal. But I also have a hard time believing the plane was taken back into control and deliberately flown into the ground as a preventative tactic.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                              Highly doubtful since it flew straight into the ground. Debris field was minimal. But I also have a hard time believing the plane was taken back into control and deliberately flown into the ground as a preventative tactic.
                              There was debris from the plane over 6 miles away.

Comment

• Sorry for the, ahem, well, hijack.. But just came across this and found it interesting in regards to United 93.

When the pilots of the D.C. Air National Guard got the order to intercept Flight 93, the hijacked jet that was speeding toward the nation's capital, they figured there was a decent chance they would not come back alive.

Comment

Working...
                                X