Missing 777

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
    is anyone else completely enthralled with this story and wanting more info? it seems like there is no new info coming out, or at least being released. thats a pretty big plane to just "disappear"

god bless.
    I'm kind of the same way. I thought for sure there would be some answers by now and it's weird that it seems everyone is just at a loss for how the thing vanished.

Comment

Is there a South China Sea triangle?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        Is there a South China Sea triangle?
        I don't think so but I see a lot of quadrilaterals, pentagons and hexagons on those maps.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
          I don't think so but I see a lot of quadrilaterals, pentagons and hexagons on those maps.
          even more deadly.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            Turning off a transponder might make them go "dark" on an ATC screen but military radar would still see it, right?
            The "blip" still shows up on all radar. The transponder just gives the "blip" the aircrafts altitude. The transponder code assigned by atc allows them to keep track of the plane and keep it unique amongst the others.

Speed, heading, and descent rate are all calculated by the motion of the "blip" on the radar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

If i'm not mistaken most air traffic radars can be very inaccurate compared to the transponders. I know the mid air collision that happened over Columbia several years ago was caused in part by the embraer jet turning off it's transponder, and the air traffic switched to radar to track it and showed massive inaccurate changes in altitude, air speed, and location.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I think its safe to say

They know more than they are telling us

Comment

lol

Comment

Thats good stuff there.

Comment

There is certainly more here than just a downed airliner. You don't use this many resources to hunt for bodies.
                      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Sure you do man, it's 232 people.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          Sure you do man, it's 232 people.

Yep yep good call. Same thing with that jet that went down in the Atlantic. Even with no hope for survivors you have to make the effort.

Comment

Yeah, the families all want closure, and a body to bury. The search isn't for the 232 people at this point, it's for the thousands of friends and family they left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                              There is certainly more here than just a downed airliner. You don't use this many resources to hunt for bodies.
                              Dude, I know you're pretty cynical most of the time, but dig deep for that last bit of humanity you have stashed away.

Comment

Working...
                              X