No announcement yet.

Ever regret a vehicle purchase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh hell yeah, and I'd wager just about everybody has at least one, if not more, that they regret. One of mine was a 98GT I rushed into way too fast only to realize, too late, that both the motor and tranny had issues - cost me a fortune to sort it all out. Another was going from a nice F-150 to a VW Golf. WTH? Seemed like a great idea at the time. Anyway, my view is that you learn nothing in life without making a few mistakes along the way. The key is not making them again.

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
      You bet your sweet, tender a** I regret one car purchase. I traded a PERFECT 2001 3/4 ton regular cab 2WD 6.0L Chevy truck with factory 4.10 gears with like 25k miles on it for a frickin' new '03 Pontiac Vibe GT six-speed with that little 1.8 2ZZ Toyota engine that revs to 8,200rpm and made like 180hp. It sounded cool with an intake from 5k to the rev limiter, but under 4,000rpm, it was gutless and the whole time, I'm driving around a Pontiac Vibe....

So, less than a year and a half later, I got back into a new '04 Silverado 5.3 LT extended cab and it cost me about $8k for the lesson....
      A VIBE!?

Man, I would have at least gotten the Toyota version
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Big Pencil View Post
        Oh hell yeah, and I'd wager just about everybody has at least one, if not more, that they regret. One of mine was a 98GT I rushed into way too fast only to realize, too late, that both the motor and tranny had issues - cost me a fortune to sort it all out. Another was going from a nice F-150 to a VW Golf. WTH? Seemed like a great idea at the time. Anyway, my view is that you learn nothing in life without making a few mistakes along the way. The key is not making them again.
        It wasn't silver was it? Mine is also a 98 GT. Bought it to replace my 4v GT, wound up having to change the motor, it rode like shit, and was completely ragged out. Looked good, but it was a pile of shit. Dumped it quickly.

Comment

You bet your sweet, tender a** I regret one car purchase. I traded a PERFECT 2001 3/4 ton regular cab 2WD 6.0L Chevy truck with factory 4.10 gears with like 25k miles on it for a frickin' new '03 Pontiac Vibe GT six-speed with that little 1.8 2ZZ Toyota engine that revs to 8,200rpm and made like 180hp. It sounded cool with an intake from 5k to the rev limiter, but under 4,000rpm, it was gutless and the whole time, I'm driving around a Pontiac Vibe....

So, less than a year and a half later, I got back into a new '04 Silverado 5.3 LT extended cab and it cost me about $8k for the lesson....
          Just wondering why you traded a truck for a vibe, Was it cause of gas? That's the only reason I could think off.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow really? Gas savings maybe?
            Originally posted by Da Prez
            Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
            Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
              I've reached the point where I'm starting to regret buying my truck. I took it in to the dealership for a knocking issue I noticed a few weeks ago. They informed me that the knocking was coming from the exhaust and that they would have to replace the whole system. I was told the exhaust system would be in today and I would be contacted when they were finished. Just got off the phone and they just told me the part is on backorder. It could arrive within 2 days or two weeks and so forth. They wanted to know if i wanted to go ahead and pick up my truck and when the exhaust system arrives i could bring it back. I don't want to keep driving it while the knocking issue continues.

There's also some markings under the truck that I've taken issue with, don't know if this truck had issues before I ended up with it. I bought it with 1300 miles on it. It looks like someone circled around the drive shaft by the rear axle with blue red and yellow markings. There's also residue of something leaking where they are connected. I think I'm going to have them take a look at that in the meantime. They gave me an extra year of warranty when I purchased the truck. With all these issues it makes me wonder if this is why the extra year was thrown in. I might as well get it looked at and not have to pay for anything.

I love the shit out of my chevy but it's become a huge fucking headache. If the price they offered it at wasn't good i never would've bought it to begin with. I would've just gotten a base model chevy. I miss my p.o.s Nissan.
              It's a Chevy what did you expect ?
              07 GT500
              05 SRT10
              88 turbocoupe T-bird
              93 Cobra
              86 coupe
              Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                How do you get knocking from the exhaust? Hanger or something broke?
                Cat guts being loose will cause one heck of a knock

Comment

Should have bought a Ford truck and all you would have had to bitch about would have been a squeaky seat, pendejo...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    Should have bought a Ford truck and all you would have had to bitch about would have been a squeaky seat, pendejo...
                    Or a dodge, and had so much fail he couldnt single one out.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                      I think I'd still prefer the knocking in a chevy over a Ford with squeaky seats. Fuck Ford.
                      Originally posted by talisman
                      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                      Originally posted by AdamLX
                      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      Because fuck you, that's why
                      Originally posted by 80coupe
                      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                      Originally posted by Rick Modena
                      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                      Originally posted by Jester
                      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

I've heard some knocking coming from catalic converters before, real nasty sounding too. I thought the motor was fried when I heard it.

Comment

Originally posted by emg View Post
                          Just wondering why you traded a truck for a vibe, Was it cause of gas? That's the only reason I could think off.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
                          That was the excuse for me to justify the trade to myself. Honestly, it wasn't that bad of a car and was semi fun with the manual tranny. I was a Honda VTEC guy so I kinda liked high revving engines and the truck did suck gas. However, it was a very stupid trade in retrospect.

OP, just enjoy putting miles on the loaner and don't take your truck back until it's fixed. They will go quicker on the repair with a loaner out. Free miles.
                          Ford
                          GM
                          Toyota
                          VAG

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
                            I've heard some knocking coming from catalic converters before, real nasty sounding too. I thought the motor was fried when I heard it.
                            Me too! My Vette cats were blown big time about a month ago and it sounded like the bottom end of the engine was fragged. It could easily be cats.
                            Ford
                            GM
                            Toyota
                            VAG

Comment

Never understand why people buy under powered trucks with a v6.
                              Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

That was the excuse for me to justify the trade to myself. Honestly, it wasn't that bad of a car and was semi fun with the manual tranny. I was a Honda VTEC guy so I kinda liked high revving engines and the truck did suck gas. However, it was a very stupid trade in retrospect.

OP, just enjoy putting miles on the loaner and don't take your truck back until it's fixed. They will go quicker on the repair with a loaner out. Free miles.
                                They can't do anything until the exhaust system comes in. They don't have a specific time frame either. There's no sense in keeping it there so I picked it up. The issue was in the muffler having a bad combustion mixture which was causing the knocking. Everything will be covered under warranty so if any other issues arise I made sure that I wasn't going to be liable for taking off their lot. If I wasn't missing out on $$$ for plant deliveries that I normally do in my truck I would've just left it there. The bright side out of all of this was the half a tank of gas they filled. I left it there with less than a quarter. I'll just deal with it until damn GM releases the damn exhaust system.
                                Originally posted by talisman
                                I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                                Originally posted by AdamLX
                                If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                                Because fuck you, that's why
                                Originally posted by 80coupe
                                nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                                Originally posted by Rick Modena
                                ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                                Originally posted by Jester
                                Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Working...
                                X