Synthetic gasoline for $1.50 gallon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
    I wonder how small engines and outboards would hold up to it. The fuel right now is killing them all.
    It would likely be better than the 10% ethanol that we currently have simply because it wouldn't be as corrosive.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
      It would likely be better than the 10% ethanol that we currently have simply because it wouldn't be as corrosive.
      its supposed to be going up to 15%

Comment

i'm all for this, but i wonder how they will address octane levels.
        95 Rio Red Cobra#3881

http://www.bborr.com/2013/2013results.html#115

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
          its supposed to be going up to 15%
          That remains to be seen. The EPA has approved it but who is going to offer gas pumps for cars older than the 2001 model year. How would they enforce it?

Also, Michael Burgess introduced legislation to keep it at 10%.

Comment

By the time a profit is made and Uncle Sam and the states get their tax money, that shit would be $3 a gallon, too.

Comment

That remains to be seen. The EPA has approved it but who is going to offer gas pumps for cars older than the 2001 model year. How would they enforce it?

Also, Michael Burgess introduced legislation to keep it at 10%.
              well there is a place by my house that I got gas at this morning that stated it was for 2007 and up vehicles only and I didn't notice it until after I already started pumping
              <<<< drives a 2006 chevy silverado

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                By the time a profit is made and Uncle Sam and the states get their tax money, that shit would be $3 a gallon, too.
                Probably.

Comment

There are some people that say that oil speculation is the only thing keeping gas prices up. That in reality its only worth a buck fitty right now.

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
                    There are some people that say that oil speculation is the only thing keeping gas prices up. That in reality its only worth a buck fitty right now.
                    Not sure where you've been, but that's how it's been since, forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
                        Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post

It pretty much started right after the Commodity Futures Modernization Act went into effect. But it really started kicking us in the balls back in 2005 after Katrina.

Comment

It pretty much started right after the Commodity Futures Modernization Act went into effect. But it really started kicking us in the balls back in 2005 after Katrina.
                          That was the large natural disaster they needed so they could implement their instant gratification price hike scheme.

Comment

Working...
                          X