Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pay more in taxes because I have a take home service truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
    Which guys? Other field hands or is upper management/HR telling you this?

If it's the former, I would say it's hearsay. If it's the latter, then drive your personal vehicle to and from the yard.
    Even if he has to pay taxes on miles to and from work it's probably cheaper then driving his own truck.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
      Even if he has to pay taxes on miles to and from work it's probably cheaper then driving his own truck.
      Well obviously he'll need to do the math on it. I was more or less saying that he should find out from upper management and not take jibber jabber from the break room as gospel.

Comment

Iv only been told by other employee's and my boss. Im wondering how much it'll cost me at the end of the year. 40 miles a day 5 days a week= 10400/year. I have 2 kids and a stay at home wife so I cant imagine it's gonna make a big difference at the end of the year.

Comment

I had to do the same when I had a company car, but it wasn't a service truck, and I worked from home. I used the shit out of it though (for personal use).

Comment

i'd hit every pothole and curb on the way home everyday! lol..

Comment

Our company has a similar policy with the company vehicle. We get charged a certain monthly fee, $90-130 depending on your vehicle type, and then we have to report our mileage broken down between business and personal usage. The company handles all fuel, maintenance, insurance and registration costs. Basically if you end up with less than about 12% personal usage they do not report any additional income on your W2 at the end of the year. It isn't exactly what I signed up for 13 years ago however our group was bought by a larger company who makes the rules.

Comment

Working...
              X