roof mounted bike racks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roof mounted bike racks

Who uses what to transport their mtb/road bikes? Which are quiet and fairly fuel efficient. I'll probably leave mine on, so it cant be obnoxious, ugly, and kill my mpg.. Please include links so I know exactly what to snag.

For years I did a Yakima Roof Rack. On my 04 Durango the roof rack made so much noise on the top of my car I went to a Yakima Hitch rack. Unless I needed to tow a trailer, I would never do a roof rack again.

Mine is like this one:

Comment

I did one of those rear trunk mount ones on my old mustang an it was great.

I would absolutely go hitch mount now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
        Who uses what to transport their mtb/road bikes? Which are quiet and fairly fuel efficient. I'll probably leave mine on, so it cant be obnoxious, ugly, and kill my mpg.. Please include links so I know exactly what to snag.
        Doesn't the light bar get in the way?

Comment

Just put them in the bed of the truck.
          07 GT500
          05 SRT10
          88 turbocoupe T-bird
          93 Cobra
          86 coupe
          Ducati 848

Comment

I bought a Class I Trailer hitch for my camaro and use a hitch mount bike rack.
            WRX

Comment

Middle, I ride at work and as excersize at home. It is now bike season for me and I don't own a truck anymore. I have a saris bones 3 trunk mounted rack but that can scratch the paint if put on a semi dirty car... The racks I liked...

Oh , and BMC. My work ride uses a Thule hitch mounted rack. No need for roof rack

Comment

What are you mounting it on? I put one on top of my Sequoia with the factory crossbars. It's a waste of money. I'm 6'2" and I have a very hard time getting the bike up there. This is what I have though. Cheap and it works.

Oh and if you have a sunroof don't get a roof mounted rack. All the dirt will fall off the bike and into your car haha

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008D6YGE4/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Middle School
                  im getting sick and fucking tired of the this bike/luggage rack trend on the fucking ricers around the area that never have shit strapped to them. they just sit up there and take up space. wtf eva
                  If they're Thule or Yakima that can be an $800 "trend"

Comment

Prius
                    Ded

Comment

Here is my set up on my old truck, had to make some modifications to fit the F250, but still the same premise. It works really well for camping, etc. You can put all your coolers and gear under the bikes.

Comment

Any roof mounted rack will be noisey and cost you mpgs. Not to mention the damage you cause when you forget the bikes are up there. Best bet IMO if it will work with your ride is a hitch mounted rack such as one made by 1upusa. Only negative for the 1up is you have to use a cable to lock the bikes if need be. Those saris strap to the back of your trunk crap is about the worst you can get.

Comment

Hitches get all the bitches

Comment

Working...
                          X