cops beat wedding party, end pro baseball career

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cops beat wedding party, end pro baseball career

GALVESTON, TX — More than a dozen wedding guests were brutalized by police officers during a raid on a wedding party at a hotel.* Cops fired tasers, used batons, and generously applied pepper spray to the guests of a bride and groom hours after their wedding.* Among them was former pro-baseball star Brandon Backe, who said the shoulder injuries that he received from police caused his pitching career to end.

After causing a gaping head wound, bruises, hair pulled out, a broken nose, and pepper spray on numerous individuals, the only reprimand any of the officers received was a paperwork violation.* Interestingly, none of the 3 dozen cops reported any use of force.

Wedding Crashers

An event that should have been happy and memorable turned into violence and chaos when the Galveston Police got involved.* A couple had just exchanged their vows and were celebrating with friends and family at the San Luis Hotel.

Everything was fine until an off-duty police officer thought that he had witnessed the bride’s brother, Daniel “Cole” O’Balle, 19, walking outside with an alcoholic beverage in his hand.** Suspecting an under-aged adult had consumed a beverage without government permission, and violated the “open container” prohibition law, he phoned the police department for backup.

“I never thought I would have to go into a room and pray for my brothers life within hours of getting married.”

Police officers arrived to confront Mr. O’Balle.** Joe and Shannon Belluomini, guests of the wedding party, witnessed the altercation and said that O’Balle was complying with security.* Nonetheless, “out of nowhere, mayhem started,” explained Joe Belluomini to*KTRK.

When the Belluominis tried to defuse the situation, they became targets themselves.* Shannon Belluomini explained to KTRK that her husband was grabbed by the throat as Mr. O’Balle was assaulted.* “The officer that had a baton in his hand started beating Cole with it.* And then there just seemed like there were more and more officers.”

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/g...ding-beatdown/
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Asshole shouldnt have been breaking the law lol. The yell after he the ground was pretty cool. Those cops need to vent some other way.

Comment

I am past the point of getting upset at this shit that keeps happening. I would just as soon put a bullet between someone's eyes like those cops or one of our govt crooks than to give them the time of day.

Comment

should have had some class and been at The Galvez.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
          Asshole shouldnt have been breaking the law lol. The yell after he the ground was pretty cool. Those cops need to vent some other way.
          The law provides for equity, as in an equitable response to the threat. There was no threat, just a piece of shit being what he is and showing his ass.

Comment

$$$$$$$$$

Comment

I'm shocked that policestateusa failed to include the pertinent details as to what caused the brawl in the first place. Those pesky factoids that get omitted to keep the fear train moving. Policestateusa where the stories are tendentious and misleading. Good stuff.

"The brawl escalated after police tried to arrest Cole O'Balle, who tried to enter a pool bar area with an open liquor container. During a struggle, O'Balle hit one officer in the chest and another in the face.

Others at the bar piled on when police tried to handcuff O'Balle.

The 30-year-old Backe, a member of the wedding party, ignored police orders to back away from the fight, and struggled with officers who were attempting to handcuff him, according to police reports.

Backe was charged with interfering with a police officer and resisting arrest, said Joel H. Bennett, Galveston County assistant criminal district attorney. Both charges are misdemeanors. He was released on $1,500 bond.

Jaime Forero Jr., a FEMA coordinator who was in Galveston to help with hurricane recovery, was arrested after refusing an officer's order to leave. Forero was charged with failure to obey an officer.

Cole O'Balle was charged with three counts of assault on a public servant and two counts of retaliation, according to Bennett.

The others were arrested on a range of charges including public intoxication, interference with police and resisting arrest, Bennett said.
              "

Comment

Is there a video longer than 5 seconds showing any of the fight? Find it odd how yalls comments are coming from such a reliable non biased site such as the one quoted...

Comment

His career ended in 2009.

Comment

So if he keeps breaking the law and his pitching career is over. He will be the catcher.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                      I'm shocked that policestateusa failed to include the pertinent details as to what caused the brawl in the first place. Those pesky factoids that get omitted to keep the fear train moving. Policestateusa where the stories are tendentious and misleading. Good stuff.

"The brawl escalated after police tried to arrest Cole O'Balle, who tried to enter a pool bar area with an open liquor container. During a struggle, O'Balle hit one officer in the chest and another in the face.

Others at the bar piled on when police tried to handcuff O'Balle.

The 30-year-old Backe, a member of the wedding party, ignored police orders to back away from the fight, and struggled with officers who were attempting to handcuff him, according to police reports.

Backe was charged with interfering with a police officer and resisting arrest, said Joel H. Bennett, Galveston County assistant criminal district attorney. Both charges are misdemeanors. He was released on $1,500 bond.

Jaime Forero Jr., a FEMA coordinator who was in Galveston to help with hurricane recovery, was arrested after refusing an officer's order to leave. Forero was charged with failure to obey an officer.

Cole O'Balle was charged with three counts of assault on a public servant and two counts of retaliation, according to Bennett.

The others were arrested on a range of charges including public intoxication, interference with police and resisting arrest, Bennett said.
                      "
                      http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=6433360
                      So, they are to have us believe that all of these people just went nuts for no apparent reason and decided to not mind those sweet wittle powiece officers that were just doing their job. I don't buy it or their side of the story.

Comment

Regardless of the man behind the badge, you are government servants and do the government's bidding. And this country is quickly getting to a breaking point. There's not a cop on here that would side with the constitution if they had to choose between the state check and citizens' rights. So dont act like you are one of us. You arent. You are the enemy...period. We tolerate you because you have a state given authority and there are consequences for bucking said authority. But, there will come a time when the real citizens of this country have nothing to lose anymore and you and your colleagues will have to choose..."just following orders/doing my job" didnt work for the JBTs at Nuremberg, and it wont work for you.

With that said, I am sure that there is more to that story than what the initial post stated. But what has become the norm and acceptable in LE is the escalation of violence any time there is contempt of cop...given that most have lost respect for LE given how the govt continues to shit on us, there will be even more people getting beat down by the gestapo.

Comment

Stop resisting!
                          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                            Stop resisting!
                            LoL...yup. Respect my authoritah!

Comment

This is what irked me

" Jaime Forero Jr., a FEMA coordinator who was in Galveston to help with hurricane recovery, was arrested after refusing an officer's order to leave. Forero was charged with failure to obey an officer."

Comment

Working...
                              X