Looking for .5 acre communities...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for .5 acre communities...

We've been in the market to move and hope to find a new home before the beginning of next school year. We've been looking in the Little Elm/Frisco ISD area and Prosper and while we've seen a few nice houses that would fit our needs, the perfect fit would be in an area that would be a +-.5 acre community.

So question for anyone that lives up that way.... Do you know of any communities that fit the .5 acre bill? I'm even considering Celina BUT, I'm trying to not go too far north since I currently work just north of Dallas. We basically want more breathing room but not be too far out in the sticks.

Krugerville/Aubrey.
    Can't remember the name of the community, but there are .5-1 acre lots. My MIL and BIL live there. If you go north on 377 maybe 2 miles north of 380, there is Lone Star storage on the right and the community I'm talking about is on the left. Go left on Sherry Ln. Decent prices too from what I've seen.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
      Krugerville/Aubrey.
      Can't remember the name of the community, but there are .5-1 acre lots. My MIL and BIL live there. If you go north on 377 maybe 2 miles north of 380, there is Lone Star storage on the right and the community I'm talking about is on the left. Go left on Sherry Ln. Decent prices too from what I've seen.
      That's way north and way west. I'm assuming OP works on the east side of NDT.

Comment

If you look in the oak point area there are a few communities with nice homes for decent prices. I live in that area but my community has about .25 ish acre lots pretty small.

Comment

i have been looking in that area as well, and you are not going to find anything unless you go north of 380 or something off of 380.

Comment

I looked at Aubrey on google and yeah, that's too far out. I do work in Dallas, off of 35 and while I'm fairly certain a job change is in the near future, for right now, I'm not factoring that into the move.

Hey Joes01, that's kind of why we've extended the search to Prosper and may start looking into Celina but man, that commute to work would be a stretch.

I'll have to look at Oak Point ISD. Little Elm ISD is rated a 4, same as Arlington ISD. While the diversity is closer to 50/50, we're kind of wanting a district that's like an 8, like Frisco and Prosper.

Comment

Check along 75 anything about 6+ miles off the highway is good. Melissa, Anna, Van Alstyne. 121 will get you there pretty quick.

Also, check a little further north in Celina/Gunter...etc.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                I looked at Aubrey on google and yeah, that's too far out. I do work in Dallas, off of 35 and while I'm fairly certain a job change is in the near future, for right now, I'm not factoring that into the move.

Hey Joes01, that's kind of why we've extended the search to Prosper and may start looking into Celina but man, that commute to work would be a stretch.

I'll have to look at Oak Point ISD. Little Elm ISD is rated a 4, same as Arlington ISD. While the diversity is closer to 50/50, we're kind of wanting a district that's like an 8, like Frisco and Prosper.
                Oak point is in little elm isd
                07 f250-family truckster
                08 Denali -baby hauler
                52 f1-rust bucket
                05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                livin the double-wide dream

Comment

I made the drive from Prosper to 35 and 635 for a year straight........and FUCK THAT! tolls plus gas and the time I was spending in traffic was ridiculous if I wasn't on the toll way 10 minutes before 6 am I would be late for work. And lets not talk about the afternoon commute....

Prosper was really nice and loved the fact that you where "out" there. You know the country type feeling. Had to drive at least 10 to 15 into Frisco or McKinney if we wanted to eat out or go to a bar.

I don't have kids as of yet but from what I have heard and researched McKinney/frisco/prosper/little elm are all good school districts.

im also looking into the Red Oak/Midlothian/Waxahachie areas as well. I can do the drive and deal with gas but the tolls where just killing me. Plus you get more for your money out in that area and property taxes go way down compared to city as well as insurance.

Comment

Lucas, fair view, Parker and the neighborhoods in that area have decent lot sizes.

Where do you work and what type of commute are you willing to do?

Comment

Oak Point is half in LEISD and half int DISD. I'm in the Denton isd side but registering our daughter at Aubrey for Kindergarten next year. I think the nicer neighborhood in Aubrey your talking about is the woodlands.

I can be to the airport in around 30 minutes and 20 minutes to pizza hut park so while I'm still out here I have 2 acres and get to utilize Aubrey ISD which is a huge plus for me.

Comment

Little Elm ISD sucks...keep your brats out of it...seriously - I was not impressed at all.

I live in Prosper now, I like the area...need to be on DNT before 6:30 though...thankfully I work in Wylie so only need to make it to GBT, from there its smooth sailing.

Oak Point has some subs with nice sized lots and spendier homes. Far west side of little elm off the new bridge connector has a few subs with 1/2 acre plus lots as well (sub is meh IMO, some take care of their stuff, others not so much).

If I had choo choo $$$ I would stay in Prosper but find a good sized lot for a shop...school district is much better too..for now I am stuck with a 3 car in a cookie cutter sub
                        Originally posted by Sgt Beavis
                        I don't always like lowered trucks, but when I do, it's because they really kick ass..

Comment

If you're off 35, have you thought about Krum or Sanger?

Comment

Isnt Russ Martin's house for sale? just buy that...or Neon's crib..
                            Originally posted by Sgt Beavis
                            I don't always like lowered trucks, but when I do, it's because they really kick ass..

Comment

Originally posted by POSYJ View Post
                              Little Elm ISD sucks...keep your brats out of it...seriously - I was not impressed at all.

I live in Prosper now, I like the area...need to be on DNT before 6:30 though...thankfully I work in Wylie so only need to make it to GBT, from there its smooth sailing.

Oak Point has some subs with nice sized lots and spendier homes. Far west side of little elm off the new bridge connector has a few subs with 1/2 acre plus lots as well (sub is meh IMO, some take care of their stuff, others not so much).

If I had choo choo $$$ I would stay in Prosper but find a good sized lot for a shop...school district is much better too..for now I am stuck with a 3 car in a cookie cutter sub
                              If you work in Wylie, you should look for something there. There are a few nice subdivisions that are just as nice as anything in prosper. If you're looking for a 1/2 acre lot, there's one called Braddock that is pretty nice. Megatel and Windsor are the builders in there. There are still some reasonably priced 1+ acre lots around as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X