No announcement yet.

STOLEN!!! 1966 Fairlane GTA (DFW area)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOLEN!!! 1966 Fairlane GTA (DFW area)

I saw this posted on one of my local boards, so wanted to post the info. If anyone has seen anything, or happen upon someone with a newly acquired fairlane that meets the description, please post up. Thanks.

Stolen from Pate swap meet.

Info: 1966 Fairlane GTA
    Dark blue color
    No windshield
    Non running car.

"Hey, guys, help appreciated if you are in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area:
    Please be on the alert and be on the look out. I had my 1966 Ford Fairlane, GTA stolen at the Pate Swap Meet this morning! Car is dark blue, with no windshield. It is a project car, non-running.

We went back to pick it up this morning. When my son got there, it was gone!

Witnesses said a white man, balding, in his forties, and his teenage son, took the car. They were driving a late model Chevy or possibly GMC flatbed truck, with a tan cover over the winch on the trailer. I have no license plate #s. Chances are that it is already in a garage somewhere, but, if you saw it, or see it, please, contact me asap with the information that you have! (I hate thieves with a passion!!!)"
    sigpic

it was found!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
      it was found!!!
      Details?

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
        Details?
        The guy dumped it on the side of the road called and told the people where is was.

Its on facebook

Comment

That guilt got him.
          People are pretty careless/trust worthy with their stuff out there.
          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
            People are pretty careless/trust worthy with their stuff out there.
            When we first went to Pate years ago, my wife was amazed how trusting many people were. Nobody watching parts at a lot of the spaces. Only a cell number to call if you wanted anything. Also she was surprised how many had parts stored in plain sight out in the parking lot.

Comment

Glad they found it but I sure wouldn't leave anything of value out in the open like that

Comment

I saw an a bad ass mechanical fuel injection setup with a neat scoop on it. Price was $3.500 without a soul in site.
                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Pretty sure I saw, dfw member, Elvis out there Friday? I could not recall his real name.

Comment

I saw an a bad ass mechanical fuel injection setup with a neat scoop on it. Price was $3.500 without a soul in site.
                    I wouldn't care about a part valued around $3.50 either.
                    Ded

Comment

There was a super rare factory Cougar logo deep sump oil pan and finned aluminum valve covers for a 302, for only $4,000. Only a few were sold to the public, most of the ones produced were used on factory backed Trans Am cars. He wouldn't accept my $500 offer.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                        There was a super rare factory Cougar logo deep sump oil pan and finned aluminum valve covers for a 302, for only $4,000. Only a few were sold to the public, most of the ones produced were used on factory backed Trans Am cars. He wouldn't accept my $500 offer.
                        Homealone...is that you (cheap ass)?

Comment

Originally posted by Hicompression View Post
                          Sort of, he was there I was at work so I texted the offer as a joke. I know the seller and have purchased parts from him previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Hicompression View Post
                            Yep, it was me. lol..

Comment

The owner posting up on FB about how the police are going to trace the blocked number phone call, "put their best guys on it", and the guy is going "to get 25-years behind bars", etc, etc.

Sadly I can speak from experience.....it is technically against the law to steal a car, but treated with about the same urgency (and punishment) as J-Walking or illegal parking....there is simply no real consequence.
                              70' Chevelle RagTop
                              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
                              X