No announcement yet.

Drum of E85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may be able to get it here this is where I use to buy race fuel.
    Reeder Distributors is a full-service fuel, lubricant and equipment company, serving commercial and industrial customers with quality products and service.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadforce View Post
      just so you guys know my friend has been doing lots of E85 and the stuff at the pumps is super dirty ( clogs filters in about 15k miles) and has averaged about E55 from an ethanol reader that we installed on his car. The E85 is unregulated and made with the worst possible fuel blend they can mix it with. He finally went with ordering E98 and mixing it with premium until he gets the mixture his car likes best.
      I test the fuel every time i go and fill up some jugs and im seeing 80-85% im using the quick fuel test tube tester
      2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
      2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

i test every batch i get. usually fill up the car + four 5 gallon cans.

2 years ago, kroger was regularly high, tested out around 90% ethanol, didnt even drop in the winter (which is sometimes a problem too). the newer racetracks have been 70% ethanol every time i've tested this year.

yes, e85 is a bit dirtier and yes it is mixed with crappier fuel but if you are clogging stuff there is a larger problem in the fuel system. you need a prefilter for your pump, but it should not be a paper/cellulose filter. same with your post pump filter, you should run a multifuel safe element, sometime like the fuelab 82831 series fiberglass element. also, certain rubber lines, raw metals (non-annodized aluminum) can all be problematic to different extents.

now, if you are seeing a blackish goop at the injectors forming after running e85 for a while, that means you need to occasionally run a quality 93 octane gasoline through to wash that stuff out. what that black goop is, is actually GASOLINE additives in e85. those additives are fine in gasoline but when they only have ~15% to dissolve in, they can't. hopefully gas companies start to learn some of these things, you can use the same additive packs in both types of fuel.

that said, the idea to mix 15% gasoline in ethanol is completely retarded. they really should sell e98 instead.
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

here is a thread with random sampling
          Looking to find some E98...been having a hard time locating it. Anyone have some sources or hookups?
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post

2 years ago, Kroger was regularly high, tested out around 90% ethanol, didn't even drop in the winter (which is sometimes a problem too). the newer racetracks have been 70% ethanol every time I've tested this year.

yes, e85 is a bit dirtier and yes it is mixed with crappier fuel but if you are clogging stuff there is a larger problem in the fuel system. you need a prefilter for your pump, but it should not be a paper/cellulose filter. same with your post pump filter, you should run a multifuel safe element, sometime like the fuelab 82831 series fiberglass element. also, certain rubber lines, raw metals (non-annodized aluminum) can all be problematic to different extents.

now, if you are seeing a blackish goop at the injectors forming after running e85 for a while, that means you need to occasionally run a quality 93 octane gasoline through to wash that stuff out. what that black goop is, is actually GASOLINE additives in e85. those additives are fine in gasoline but when they only have ~15% to dissolve in, they can't. hopefully gas companies start to learn some of these things, you can use the same additive packs in both types of fuel.

that said, the idea to mix 15% gasoline in ethanol is completely retarded. they really should sell e98 instead.
            he was using the Kroger in Mansfield it was testing with the small at pump test kit on average about 4-5 higher than the ethanol reader in the car was reading. He went to a new place north Dallas area and it tested with tester pretty good when back week later and it was down like 20 points he was pissed. The dirty part he himself has not had pump failure but several people he has been dealing with have had them. His car is 2013 GTR and when I changed his injectors and pumps out the filters were pretty dirty and trash in the tank.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Quadforce View Post
              he was using the Kroger in Mansfield it was testing with the small at pump test kit on average about 4-5 higher than the ethanol reader in the car was reading. He went to a new place north Dallas area and it tested with tester pretty good when back week later and it was down like 20 points he was pissed. The dirty part he himself has not had pump failure but several people he has been dealing with have had them. His car is 2013 GTR and when I changed his injectors and pumps out the filters were pretty dirty and trash in the tank.
              After mine has sat for 2 years (in june) I am pulling it all apart and inspecting the tank (aluminum sheet and billet), the fuel pump, filters, lines and injectors. I think I am moving down in injector size and staying with 93 but have a tune for E85.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Has Kroger been testing at recently at 85% or above? I've been using Racetrac at 75/Exchange and it's been at 70% since I started testing ( just 2 weeks ago.) I'd like to see it come up to 85% or I may have to start going to Coit/121 to Kroger IF it's testing higher.

Originally posted by momo View Post

2 years ago, kroger was regularly high, tested out around 90% ethanol, didnt even drop in the winter (which is sometimes a problem too). the newer racetracks have been 70% ethanol every time i've tested this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
                  Has Kroger been testing at recently at 85% or above? I've been using Racetrac at 75/Exchange and it's been at 70% since I started testing ( just 2 weeks ago.) I'd like to see it come up to 85% or I may have to start going to Coit/121 to Kroger IF it's testing higher.
                  yea i was bummed about racetrack too. i've been back on 93 for a while since i'm driving more miles. i'll try to test some next week.
                  www.hppmotorsports.com
                  ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

the e85 from kroger (midway and frankford) tested at ~82.5% ethanol last week.
                    www.hppmotorsports.com
                    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Man all this shit makes me nervous about getting a duel tune for e85.

Comment

Working...
                      X