Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a hook up @ Budget or Uhaul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a hook up @ Budget or Uhaul?

My sister is going to be moving back to Texas from South Dakota in the next few weeks. She said that the cheapest they could get a moving truck for was $1000 for one way. She also said that even just getting a trailer was gonna cost around $700-800. Anyone have a way to help me out with getting a discount?

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
    My sister is going to be moving back to Texas from South Dakota in the next few weeks. She said that the cheapest they could get a moving truck for was $1000 for one way. She also said that even just getting a trailer was gonna cost around $700-800. Anyone have a way to help me out with getting a discount?
    Check Penske. It's 20% cheaper than Uhaul for a one way, plus they have Diesel engines, which will save a ton.

As for discount, I think I used AAA + the online. When I went to pick up the truck I remember someone having made a reservation that got a 40% when I only got 20%.

Call and work it.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
      Check Penske. It's 20% cheaper than Uhaul for a one way, plus they have Diesel engines, which will save a ton.

As for discount, I think I used AAA + the online. When I went to pick up the truck I remember someone having made a reservation that got a 40% when I only got 20%.

Call and work it.
      Budget and Uhaul are the only rental places where their at. They live in the sticks in SD so there's not much to choose from.
      Last edited by stephen4785; 01-30-2011, 09:54 PM.

Comment

does she have alot? sometimes it pays off to take personal items and just buy new furniture from craigslist at destination lol
        www.MidnightHourMoving.com

Comment

What part of Sodak, east or west ?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
            What part of Sodak, east or west ?
            Ipswich. Mid North close to ND

Comment

Originally posted by n00b420 View Post
              does she have alot? sometimes it pays off to take personal items and just buy new furniture from craigslist at destination lol
              I dont think they have all that much. I know they have a large TV and some beds but other than that I think they could get by with leaving a lot of stuff there.

Comment

Tell her to select a drop off destination at a large Uhaul station here in Dallas or Ft Worth. The price will go up or down depending on where you pick it up and drop it off.

Comment

Working...
                X