Jury Duty and the qualification questionnaire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jury Duty and the qualification questionnaire

I got a summons in the mail today to for jury duty, so I start the process of filling out the online questionnaire and get to a question that I'm struggling seeing it's relevance to jury duty. I know there are some things that an attorney may want to know, but wth does how many kids you may or maynot have, have to do w/serving?

So I called the Dallas County jury duty office to inquire about said question. No less than 4 transfers later, I'm referred to the Secretary of State's office with the explanation that all the questions are approved by the sate and they'd have the answer(s). I called them and was transferred once, still with no answer. The last person I spoke to thought the question odd and took my number(Google Voice FTW!) and said they'd get an answer for me and return my call this afternoon.

Does anyone else find it strange that they'd require to know how many children you may or maynot have? This isn't one of the optional ones either, you're required to answer. Heck, the 4th person I spoke to suggested with a thin veil that you don't really have to answer, to which I replied that I could be dishonest and lie under penalty of perjury, or be truthful. Needless to say, neither has happened yet, I'm awaiting the return call from the SoS office before I proceed.

/rant

what if the case involves children?

I don't have a problem with that particular question
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Im pretty much ok with it too. Its pretty common to ask that.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

They just want to make sure it matches up to the number that they have on the welfare payroll list?

I am fine with the question.

Comment

An earlier question set my tinfoil mummification in process, this just caught the brunt of it.

Grassy yall for your opinion on the matter.

Comment

Understand, my tinfoil suit definitely gets wrinkled over stuff like that, but I'm giving that question a pass
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Can either identify you as mormon, black, or younger.

Comment

16. The answer is 16.
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I believe it has something to do with undue hardship.

If you are a single parent and have kids, they might dismiss you if you are taking care of them.

Comment

Jury Duty Question

Wonder what would happen if you said, "How would I know "

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                      Can either identify you as mormon, black, or younger.
                      ha!

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by FastFox View Post
                        Wonder what would happen if you said, "How would I know "
                        This only works if you're black. EEEYYOOOOOOO!

Comment

Let's say the case involves child abuse. A person who has kids is more likely to favor the state then one who doesn't, sounds like a legit question to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            what if the case involves children?

I don't have a problem with that particular question
                            That was my first thought too. I was selected for a child support case back when I still lived in CA, and as I recall, the attorney asked that question during selection.

Comment

Working...
                            X