Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fawkin chiggers!

Sonofa.....

I made the mistake of sitting down in the grass to work on something and should have showered right after. Any tried and true remedies to stop the itching? Most of the time the itch is there long after they are gone.

Paint over them with fingernail polish. Works great on poison ivy too.

Comment

Old school Ban deodorant works well without the burn of fingernail polish.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
        Old school Ban deodorant works well without the burn of fingernail polish.
        Pussy

I've heard that works also. Lol

Comment

Yall are talking about things for when the chigger is still there, but those don't make the itch go away.

Comment

Got two bites on my right foot and one just about the waistband of my right hip. Just using Benadryl and an anti itch ointment. My ankle is swollen about 1 1/2 times its normal size. Spent the day walking the Fort Worth zoo today. Tomorrow we are headed to Six Flags for the whole day. I am already dragging azzzz. By tomorrow night I will be dead.

10000 screaming kids....check
            Chigger bites with ankle swollen up....check
            Hot as heck with high humidity....check
            Overpriced theme park tickets....check
            A 6 year old niece having a blast of a vacation....check
            One dog tired uncle and aunt....check

Comment

I have some bites right now. Vicks vapor rub helps.
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

And here I was expecting a naynay.

Comment

Chiggars suck ass, the little bastards move around causing itching spots for days after they've been there. If I think I've gotten in them or have gotten them, I use a downward washing motion in the shower with a loofa (however the Hell that's spelled). I've tried nail polish, bite creams, etc, so far nothing that is anything more than temporary relief. Couple that with working outside daily and the normal Texas heat and humidity and it just plain sucks.

Comment

Chigger Rid worked for me.

Comment

What you gotta do is scratch them open. I mean you gotta get after it. You basically want to level the bump with the surrounding skin.

But I'm no dr so this may not work

Comment

Vinegar! Rub the area with white vinegar, wait 5 mins, then shower.
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Them bitches got me on my balls!
                          They got me on the ancles and waist too, but my balls man, my mother fuckin balls!!!!

Comment

Soak in a hot bath with a 3-4 cups of bleach.

Comment

let the back yard go a bit too long and finally mowed last weekend.

from my neck down i look like i have had herpes explode over my body.

i almost blacked out when i saw a red bump on my shaft. had to sit down on the toilet and keep from crying.

Comment

Working...
                              X