Need luggage suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need luggage suggestions.

I'm about to start a new job where I'll spend 70-90% of that time traveling and I need some suggestions for luggage that will hold up to frequent travel. Specifically a carry on suitcase and a bigger suitcase that can be checked. I'm good on laptop/personal bags.

The first company I ought about was OGIO because I have one of their golf bags but they don't make much at all for travel.

Where are the best places to buy this stuff?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Go to Costco, lifetime satisfaction guarantee. I bought my last set there, 6 years later one of the wheels broke, I got a full refund.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
      Go to Costco, lifetime satisfaction guarantee. I bought my last set there, 6 years later one of the wheels broke, I got a full refund.
      yep, costco

Comment

I've got a Deuter carryon and it is a very well built bag.

Looks like this is probably the newer version of mine, I've had it for about 5 years or so.
        [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Deuter-Grant-Flight-Carry-On-Black/dp/B00HOD2QYY/ref=sr_1_7?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1402028362&sr=1-7[/ame]

Comment

Not to sound like a neck beard but, this 5.11 bag has held up for me.
          5.11 Tactical Mission Ready 2.0 Rolling Bag is the best rolling duffel value possible, it provides a wealth of travel-friendly features and customizable storage options that keep the gear safe, organized and secure.

Actually, this is a new version of what I have. The top outside pockets look more usable. I bought my first one in 2006 and it lasted 4 years and the only reason I had to replace it was because I left it in Iraq. The one I have now is 4 years old and holding strong.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
            I've got a Deuter carryon and it is a very well built bag.

Looks like this is probably the newer version of mine, I've had it for about 5 years or so.
            http://www.amazon.com/Deuter-Grant-F...2028362&sr=1-7

That's closest to max carry on specs I've found.

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            Not to sound like a neck beard but, this 5.11 bag has held up for me.
            5.11 Tactical Mission Ready 2.0 Rolling Bag is the best rolling duffel value possible, it provides a wealth of travel-friendly features and customizable storage options that keep the gear safe, organized and secure.

Actually, this is a new version of what I have. The top outside pockets look more usable. I bought my first one in 2006 and it lasted 4 years and the only reason I had to replace it was because I left it in Iraq. The one I have now is 4 years old and holding strong.

This one is a beast. Looks pretty sturdy to boot.

Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post

This one is a beast. Looks pretty sturdy to boot.

It is. I use it for every R&R and you can imagine it sees some pretty rough terrain and treatment.

It is pretty light too. I am limited to 50lbs exactly and overweight has to be removed so I wanted it as light as possible but still rugged and have a large capacity.

I bought one of their carry on rollers but Delta ripped the outer zipper smooth off the larger outside document pocket leaving a big ass flap flapping around so I can't use it any longer.

Comment

Whatever brand you end up with, get spinner luggage (4 wheels)... 2 wheel luggage is a pain in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                  It is. I use it for every R&R and you can imagine it sees some pretty rough terrain and treatment.

It is pretty light too. I am limited to 50lbs exactly and overweight has to be removed so I wanted it as light as possible but still rugged and have a large capacity.

I bought one of their carry on rollers but Delta ripped the outer zipper smooth off the larger outside document pocket leaving a big ass flap flapping around so I can't use it any longer.
                  Is there enough room for a smaller pelican case?

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                    Is there enough room for a smaller pelican case?
                    Define "smaller".

I have a 1630 (I think) that is the largest Pelican that will fit in the overhead bin storage for most planes. It is advertised by them as plane carry on.

Comment

I currently travel about 90% and use a samsonite spinner. My samsonite bag and backpack have held up very well. My next bag would probably be a tumi.

Comment

Travelpro. Samsonite is not built as well and Tumi is ridiculously overpriced.

Comment

Working...
                        X