X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 6, 1944

D-Day, Normandy France

Comment

RIP you brave souls. My grandfather fought in Italy because he barely missed being sent on the Normandy mission. He's gone now, and I wish I had been old enough to realize how bad-ass he was when he was alive and talked to him about everything he would be willing to share.

Comment

I had an uncle that died some years back that still had shrapnel from being hit while parashooting in. I different breed of men back then. RIP to all

Comment

My Grandfather was a Marine at that time. He never made it to Normandy or Europe for that matter. He had many Marine friends that did, most didn't return. If I remember right, he got stuck in the Caribbean. Grandad turns 93 in a couple weeks. I am grateful for that nation of men.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Live stream of the D-Day Memorial Service in France:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/255319340...#sp=show-clips

Photobucket

Comment

RIP to true men. I hope one day our society returns to being filled with that kind of honor, valor, bravery, and standing for a cause.

Comment

My visit to Normandy beach

Wonderful day to remember the brave me that died for our freedoms.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

America is slowly being "Chick-a-fied". Pay attention to most of the commercials on TV. They usually portray the MAN as a stupid bood and the woman as the smart one. That is done for a reason. Kids grow up believing that men are fools and women are the ones to follow. If a boy acts like a man, he is accused of being crude, insensative and a bully. In time, men will cease to exist as we know them. A male does not have to be an asshole to be a man. That is a fact that most people now won't tolerate.

Comment

Jim “Pee Wee” Martin parachuted into Normandy on Thursday – just like he had 70 years ago as a U.S. paratrooper.

70 years later, D-Day vet Jim 'Pee Wee' Martin jumps again

Comment

My grandfather was in the Army Air Corp in the CBI theater (China, Burma, India). He was a radar / radio tech for B-24s.

Comment

I know I have posted some of these before but figured I may as well do so again, for those interested. The comments below the pics were what my grandmother had written on the back:

My grandfather sent this to my grandmother. (she went by Dovie)

"Dad took this while in China"

"China - Near where Dad's base was."

"Dad took this picture while in China"

"This in Africa on the way to China with his military buddies."

My Grandparents wedding picture

Comment

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like Therealgeorgew.

Not sure on the validity of this but if it is true I would love to see this.

Comment

Chili, you look just like your GP.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              Chili, you look just like your GP.
                              Yeah, that's where I get my gingerness..

Comment

Working...
                              X