Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many in here have been popped for dark tint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many in here have been popped for dark tint?

I'm curious. I myself have never been pulled over/ticketed for tint too dark. I had one of my cars retinted last year with the darkest legal, and it sure looks a lot lighter on my front two windows than I ever remember before. Debating if I should just say F it and throw another film on it.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

ive never had tint that dark until my truck. I swear the shit on my 08 chevy is dark as hell and its like it is in the glass. I cant find a film line anywhere.

never been pulled over for tint.

Comment

I got ticketed twice on my old truck. Once in Denton and once in Plano. Tint was 4%.

Comment

Originally posted by BPo001 View Post
        I got ticketed twice on my old truck. Once in Denton and once in Plano. Tint was 4%.
        how did they verify that? One of those over the glass edge light sensors?
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

yeah its just a little handheld thing. i had one too when i did state inspections. always cracked me up when people would disable their window switches so the windows wouldnt roll down for me to test it.. "Bro its legal.. my windows are busted." suuuure. Personally i like 15% all around. any darker and you're just asking for trouble.
          http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

Only the cops can get away with that shit.

Comment

It helps to not have a cop magnet for a car, too.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

87 lx hatch with 35% and was pulled over 2 times and was gave warnings. I was an inspector at the time and knew it was legit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Once, in West Texas (Scurry county). While headed out to Tech, I was pulled over on I-20 for no front plate in Parker county, but only received a warning. 45 minutes later, I was pulled over again (DPS again) for no front plate. He started to write the ticket, but I mentioned the warning from 45 minutes ago. He then told me to wait a minute, went back to his car, and came back with tint meter (light sensor that hangs over the window). I failed by 4%, and got a $200 ticket. When I called to pay the ticket the receptionist said that particular officer had a reputation for being a tool.

Never had an issue in the Metroplex.

Comment

Surprisingly enough I have never been hassled for it, and almost every car I've owned has been illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      I'm curious. I myself have never been pulled over/ticketed for tint too dark. I had one of my cars retinted last year with the darkest legal, and it sure looks a lot lighter on my front two windows than I ever remember before. Debating if I should just say F it and throw another film on it.
                      Ive never been pulled over for it, but was ticketed for it after making a smart ass remark to the DPS officer after he asked a stupid question. Then he proceeded to cite me for 7 other violations, no cat, no muffler, tint, obscured license plate, etc.....

Comment

My exGF got semi-popped for it. She had the car inspected and it failed because of tint. I had her take it to my brother's shop and he slapped a sticker on it. The first shop either documented it when they failed it or saw her with a new sticker the next day(small town BS). DPS tracked her down at her office and waited for her to come back. Checked the tint and then gave my brother a ticket for the bogus inspection. I don't recall if she got ticketed, but I know the car still has the same tint on it and has been inspected multiple times since with no failure.

Comment

3% in Irving =$300
                          2010 Camaro SS Boosted

Comment

I just learned 25% is legal on the front windows. Never knew it changed from 35%.

Comment

I've had mine checked but it wasn't a really serious stop. Dps was on the side of the road and I went by a bit fast in the far lane. He stopped me and basically just started BS'ing that he knew I was going fast but wasn't going to site me. He asked if my tint was legal cause it looked really dark I told him it got checked at every inspection. He took my word for it but I started asking about the tool used to measure it so he got it out and we tested my car then his crown vic.
                              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Working...
                              X