summer jacket/gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• summer jacket/gear

Recommendations for great summer time jackets. The bike is a big bagger cruiser so I don't want any florescent colors. Probably black/gray/brown/white. Leather or textile. What are y'all wearing?

Same for gloves.

Helmets too. I prefer half and 3/4 helmets. I have a generic half helmet now and also a hjc modular full face but I never wear it. Thanks.

i'm sure as shit not wearing leather. mesh.

gloves, anything but gauntlet style.

if you want a skull cap or similar, who cares, theyre all going to breathe the same with your entire face exposed.

c'mon man, i thought youve been riding for a while?

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
      i'm sure as shit not wearing leather. mesh.

gloves, anything but gauntlet style.

if you want a skull cap or similar, who cares, theyre all going to breathe the same with your entire face exposed.

c'mon man, i thought youve been riding for a while?
      Ur so uplifting and chipper.

Yes but I've always ran around with t shirts and such. Never did the jacket or glove thing.

Comment

Aaannnddd shit. Just realized I put this in the back porch. Mod, please move to motorcycle forum. Thx

Comment

Mesh is nice because it can breathe. Leather is nice because it may actually save your ass.

I rode with a mesh jacket if anything, some a* shorties or fox dirt paws. No rec on a lid because all I know are full face.

Comment

my mesh icon arc jacket has leather in all the right places (besides the belly/chest which would defeat the purpose of a mesh jacket) it has leather from the back of my neck all the way down the back of my shoulders down to my wrists. the entire front of the jacket is mesh so it can breathe, and the back has a nice hard back protecter.

i still get hot as hell in this jacket, so no way i would wear full leather.

i used to wear nothing but my a* gaunlet gloves, but now its exclusively my shorty gloves

always wear my full length sidi boots, unless i'm running down the street for beer.

i used to wear my cycle gear pants (cant remember brand) have knee pads and everything, but fuck, its so hot here in the summer. so i mainly wear jeans. i need to at least go get a pair of the kevlar jeans

Comment

This is what I wear:

Has a wind breaker as well for cooler days.

These gloves:

Which do fine in stop/go traffic in 90 to 100* weather.
              Last edited by SS Junk; 06-22-2014, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                my mesh icon arc jacket has leather in all the right places (besides the belly/chest which would defeat the purpose of a mesh jacket) it has leather from the back of my neck all the way down the back of my shoulders down to my wrists. the entire front of the jacket is mesh so it can breathe, and the back has a nice hard back protecter.

i still get hot as hell in this jacket, so no way i would wear full leather.

i used to wear nothing but my a* gaunlet gloves, but now its exclusively my shorty gloves

always wear my full length sidi boots, unless i'm running down the street for beer.

i used to wear my cycle gear pants (cant remember brand) have knee pads and everything, but fuck, its so hot here in the summer. so i mainly wear jeans. i need to at least go get a pair of the kevlar jeans
                Hey when I meant leather I didn't mean full greaser look. I've seen some cool gray/white vanson leather mesh jackets at cycle gear in Dallas about 8 years ago. Wanted it bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                  This is what I wear:

Has a wind breaker as well for cooler days.

These gloves:

Which do fine in stop/go traffic in 90 to 100* weather.
                  I actually dig the shit outa that jacket.

Comment

I have a similar jacket. Wear it everyday around 3 ish and never get hot but then again Im not sitting in traffic. http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/insanity/6455 Ive bought 3 helmets and quite a bit of riding gear thru this site and saved a ton.

Comment

Working...
                    X