Frequent traveler reward programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequent traveler reward programs

Started a new job today where I'll be traveling 70-90% of the time and the company allows me to keep the reward points for any programs I sign up for. With that being said I've signed up for the reward programs for each airline, hotel, and rental car companies that we use. Aside from signing up for a credit card that earns you rewards, are there any other reward programs worth signing up for?

Signed up for the following:
    Southwest airlines
    Delta airlines
    American airlines
    United airlines

Avis
    Enterprise
    Thrifty
    Hertz
    Dollar

Choice hotels
    Omni hotels
    Hilton hotels
    Holiday Inn hotels
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

No Marriott?

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
      No Marriott?
      Forgot about Marriot. I'll go sign up for them.
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Fuck hhoners
        AA Advantage - decent HHonors - blows Club Carlson - ok I hear Holiday Inn is really good from other guys in my company but haven't been able to stay with them yet. I used some Hilton points last weekend to stay at the harbor in Rockwall and it was 40k points for a shitty handicap room with no lake view. I was deeply
        The richest man in Babylon

Comment

Originally posted by trblshooter View Post
          Thanks for the link. Didn't search "points" which I should have.

Comment

Hhonors is awesome!!

Comment

Apply for a chase marriott card (probably can find an offer that gets you a statement credit after first purchase) and you will be automatically silver status. Then call the customer service line and tell you want to try for the "gold challenge" they will enroll you for gold for 3 months free. No penalty if you don't qualify at the end of the 3 months. Gold gets you room upgrades and a few other perks. Silver isn't much and regular is crap. If you stay enough you get gold for the rest of the year and the year after if I remember. Just google gold challenge for more details.
              BARBIE LOVES BULLITT991 3.17.07
              I'm a Barbie girl...In my Barbie world...
              PROUD OWNER: '04 AZURE BLUE MACH 1

Comment

Originally posted by Barbie View Post
                Apply for a chase marriott card (probably can find an offer that gets you a statement credit after first purchase) and you will be automatically silver status. Then call the customer service line and tell you want to try for the "gold challenge" they will enroll you for gold for 3 months free. No penalty if you don't qualify at the end of the 3 months. Gold gets you room upgrades and a few other perks. Silver isn't much and regular is crap. If you stay enough you get gold for the rest of the year and the year after if I remember. Just google gold challenge for more details.
                Eh, that's a little oversimplified.

To hit gold/plat, you have to do a decent amount of traveling and/or spend. From what I've read on flyertalk, they're not doing the gold/plat challenges quite as much as they used to.

Gold gets you room upgrades if they have the availability, it's not guaranteed. If you're staying at a lower tier property, I don't find having gold status is all that helpful. If you're staying at places like Renaissance and above, it helps.

If you're going to hit up the CC, I'd recommend the black Marriott card. 50,000 points to start and one free night and a free night on your anniversary every year up to category 5. I think the annual fee is $85, but it's offset by the free night.

Comment

wharz National Car Rental?
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    wharz National Car Rental?
                    Unfortunately we don't use them. Are they pretty cheap? My boss said they don't that much shopping around to find the best rates but he's open to saving money.

Comment

not cheap, just awesome
                      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

IHG, has a ton of different hotels, points can be used for flights, rental cars, gifts, unigue items from their rewards shop, all kinds of upgrades when you get to platinum.

Comment

Sign up for Wyndham Rewards. Super 8 Hotels and a bunch of other properties are all tied together. The best part is you can sign on to your account and have them give you AA FF miles, which I believe are doubled, but it's been awhile.

Comment

Motel 6 has a great program.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                              Motel 6 has a great program.
                              Nothing will make you appreciate a good hotel more than staying at a Motel 6 for a couple of days.

Comment

Working...
                              X