Deferred adjudication question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bwwwahahahaha!!!

Now that some cops wear mics, I don't say a damn thing other than my name and to sign the ticket. No admissions + good lawyer = better chance of getting out of it.

Comment

I got a speeding ticket on the tollway by a state trooper a couple of months ago. I go in today to discuss my options which I'm not sure it they are right. This is what the lady told me below.

1. Pay $230 for deferred adjudication and be on a 1 day probation.
      2. Pay $230 for deferred adjudication and be on a 90 day probation if I don't have a car.
      3. Pay $112 (Court Cost) for defensive driving and be on a 90 day probation.

I thought the deferred scenario was pay a higher fine and don't get a ticket for 6 months to clear it. And I thought the defensive driving scenario was the ticket is dismissed upon completion of driving saftety course. So when did deferred adjudication become a 1 day probation period and defensive driving become a 90 day probation period in Dallas? I know in the past I used deferred when I couldn't use the driving safety course option. Hell, I think I need to go back up there and speak to somebody else. The 3 options above just don't seem right even if they are.

Comment

Reasonable and prudent

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          You guys act like all these courts are synced up. Every court is different and most have different software. Even the troopers use different courts. You could probably defer a ticket in every city in the state at the same time.
          One thing I greatly miss about TX.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
            I got a speeding ticket on the tollway by a state trooper a couple of months ago. I go in today to discuss my options which I'm not sure it they are right. This is what the lady told me below.

1. Pay $230 for deferred adjudication and be on a 1 day probation.
            2. Pay $230 for deferred adjudication and be on a 90 day probation if I don't have a car.
            3. Pay $112 (Court Cost) for defensive driving and be on a 90 day probation.

I thought the deferred scenario was pay a higher fine and don't get a ticket for 6 months to clear it. And I thought the defensive driving scenario was the ticket is dismissed upon completion of driving saftety course. So when did deferred adjudication become a 1 day probation period and defensive driving become a 90 day probation period in Dallas? I know in the past I used deferred when I couldn't use the driving safety course option. Hell, I think I need to go back up there and speak to somebody else. The 3 options above just don't seem right even if they are.

Yeah, that does not sound right at all. No body gives a 1 day probation. Our city now charges extra for deferred adj. There are two deferreds, one by probation and one by going to a defensive driving class. Those are the only two I know of. Other way is to pay the ticket and the points go on your record.

Comment

Working...
            X