Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pretty sure I now have a shrimp allergy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had some shrimp today at lunch with no discernable effects. Didn't do the benadryl thing, either.

I'm just gonna see the doc to know for certain.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
      I had some shrimp today at lunch with no discernable effects. Didn't do the benadryl thing, either.

I'm just gonna see the doc to know for certain.
      "I fucked a 4th hooker without protection, pretty sure I'm in the clear..."

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
        Isn't that crazy? Oysters did the same thing to me when I was about 23. I get violent food poisoning for 2-4 hours.
        It is. I had only ever had seasonal allergies up to that point; dust, mold, pollen, etc, and the occasional insect bite but nothing that ever had me in danger of dieing, luckily. All the kiwi did was itch like crazy and make me want to claw my face off, but I never had trouble breathing. However, being that food allergies often cause your throat to swell, I decided it was not wise to risk it. Crazy, but at least it is something I can control my exposure to.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

For me it is oysters and only oysters. Doesn't matter if raw, deep batter fried, smoked, etc. It took me the 3rd time to realize it was an allergy. It took me the 4th time accidentally to find out how allergic I was. I had just eaten at Razoos, I forget what, but I confirmed it had oysters. We went to the movies and I started feeling a lump in my throat and extreme nausea. Long story short, it was the most constant and violent projectile vomiting I ever experienced once I made it to the handicap stall. I needed every bit of those hand rails and it went every where splashing up. It was like dropping a cantaloupe from 6 feet up into the toilet. I can eat every other kind of selfish without issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            For me it is oysters and only oysters. Doesn't matter if raw, deep batter fried, smoked, etc. It took me the 3rd time to realize it was an allergy. It took me the 4th time accidentally to find out how allergic I was. I had just eaten at Razoos, I forget what, but I confirmed it had oysters. We went to the movies and I started feeling a lump in my throat and extreme nausea. Long story short, it was the most constant and violent projectile vomiting I ever experienced once I made it to the handicap stall. I needed every bit of those hand rails and it went every where splashing up. It was like dropping a cantaloupe from 6 feet up into the toilet. I can eat every other kind of selfish without issue.
            That's an intolerance and not an allergy.

Comment

Working...
            X