Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a little help for a battered woman.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a little help for a battered woman.

Hey guys first I'm sorry for any auto corrects I don't catch, I'm on my phone.
    But I'm looking to cash in on some of that dfwmustangs compation ASAP.
    It's not for me, it's for a friend of my wife.
    Long story short, we came home from vacation this weekend in Chicago to find out my wife's friend up there has been being abused by her live in boyfriend. She left the guy last night and seeing as she's pretty much a stay at home mom and the apartment was his, she was left homeless. Her and her two children are coming down to stay with us for a little while and where as we have a room for them we don't have any furniture in that room (it's my hobby room where I keep all my airplanes). I'm cleaning out the room this afternoon, but seeing as we just blew our wad on our yearly vacation I don't have the funds to get stuff for the room.
    If anyone near Denton has a spare (clean) bed and maybe a dresser I could have or borrow I'd really appreciate it. I need it ASAP. I'm not asking for anything for me, and I'm not benifiting from this in any way. I just really hate abusive men and know how hard it is for a beaten woman to get up the nerve to run.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    Matt
    Last edited by 4bangen; 07-08-2014, 07:53 PM.

hit up the goodwill, and talk to the help they may be able to point out places to get assistance

Comment

Thanks, good call.

Comment

Grayson county has a Crisis Center for battered women. 1 hour from you.

"Located in Sherman, Texas, it is the only shelter for victims of family violence and/or sexual assault in an area bounded by Durant,)Oklahoma, to the north, Wichita Falls and Denton, Texas, to the west, Piano and McKinney, Texas, to the south, and Greenville and Paris, Texas, to the east (an area of over 3000 square miles.)" "We offer services to ALL survivors regardless of race, sex, gender identity or expression, background, citizenship status, language, disability, sexual orientation, mental illness, religion, or marital status."
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Should have added I need it local to Denton lake Dallas, my truck is kinda broken and can't spend much time on the highway.

Comment

Call Genesis Women's Shelter. If they can't provide the help she is looking for, or at least put her in the right direction, nobody can...

Comment

What the age Gender of the kids? I have clothes stuff for boys age 4-6 I'm donating soon.
              WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                Call Genesis Women's Shelter. If they can't provide the help she is looking for, or at least put her in the right direction, nobody can...
                x2. We have helped 2 different women this way. Genesis was really able to help.

Comment

Thanks for all the help, everything is handled. I'll leave this here incase someone else needs this.

Comment

Sending you a pm...

Comment

One Safe Place in FTW can help.

Or try Women's Haven of Tarrant County.

Comment

Don't take a battered woman anywhere near the State Fair of Texas!

Good luck, and good job helping others.

Comment

More people would probably be willing to "lend a hand" if you were the post said boyfriends name...

Comment

Shit makes me so fucking angry. Fucking POS.
                            Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                            It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

pics?

Comment

Working...
                              X