Talk me out of this: 2010 SHO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk me out of this: 2010 SHO

Looks decent, price is pretty awesome, which makes me wonder how bad it really got, seeing as the interior is fine.

Full engine tear down? turbo rebuild? Electrical issues?

Just looking for a neat thing to work on in my garage.

=====
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO 3.5L EcoBoost $5500
    All Wheel Drive/Twin Turbo
    CAR DOES NOT START
    MILAGE UNKNOWN
    I HAVE TITLE (FLOODED)
    CLEAN INTERIOR/EXTERIOR Check out pics
    $5500 or TRADE **no junk no projects no bs**
    show contact info Call/Text

(The way the car sits is the way I got it I don't know how bad it was flooded..reason for buying car was to fix my wrecked taurus sho but insurance ended up paying off mine so now I'm stuck with this one SERIOUS CALLS ONLY)

That's a damn good price. Though if the motor is locked up, its gonna cost a bunch. Though doing all the labor yourself could save a ton of $$$.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

That's what I was thinking. Work on it over several months, slowly get it back together.

I'm just concerned about wiring rusting/corroding. I have no idea if it was freshwater or saltwater.

Almost could part it out for $5500.

Now stop it, and talk me out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
        That's what I was thinking. Work on it over several months, slowly get it back together.

I'm just concerned about wiring rusting/corroding. I have no idea if it was freshwater or saltwater.
        If its from H-town probably seawater, which I wouldn't touch. If it was just fresh water flooding, a good tear down and drying/cleaning would be worth having. Of course its probably hydro-locked up.
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I wouldn't touch a flooded car. Likely even issues with parting it out.
          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
          86 SVO - Sold
          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

do not do it

Comment

That thing has been for sale for close to a year.

Comment

Flood damage = mold and electrical demons that you can't even imagine. Don't walk, RUN.

Comment

Don't listen to these guys, BUY IT!

Comment

AWD system is probley jacked too. Those would be pricey as well.

Don't do it unless your ready to invest time and money on what will be a non-running car for quite a while.

AND you'll never get your money back out of it.
                    WRX

Comment

Yea fuck that. It's going to be a nightmare with all the tech in these things.

Comment

if its saltwater all belts hoses will need to be replaced as well. Plus awd motors..... depending on how high the water went if it went past the bottom of the seats your talking airbag deployment sensors and control units.

Comment

Take a bore scope and go look at it. Pull a couple of plugs and scope the internals. Hell yank the drain plug and see what comes out and scope the lower end. Just take cash in hand and let them know that its yours if you see what you want to. If it looks flawless I would not let them know it as they may back out and jack the price up knowing it has a good motor.

Comment

You're a pussy if you don't.

Comment

Fuck it, buy it and be the watermark (hehehe) for whether or not this was a good or bad idea.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                              X