No announcement yet.

retirement savings and building wealth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pay off all debt sooner then later. we don't go no where to pay off any size debt fast. Shit, i get $20 a week allowance and thats all i get to spend during the week.

Comment

Company matches at 7% if you contribute at least 6%. I currently put in 10% on my own, so 17% total contribution with employer matching, which comes out to around $21,000. I'm also over 50 and apparently qualify for something called "makeup" contribution? Don't quite understand that one, anyone want to shed light on it?

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
        Company matches at 7% if you contribute at least 6%. I currently put in 10% on my own, so 17% total contribution with employer matching, which comes out to around $21,000. I'm also over 50 and apparently qualify for something called "makeup" contribution? Don't quite understand that one, anyone want to shed light on it?
        You aren't limited to 17,500 a year. This year your limit is 23,000.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

The 17,500 limit, is that total contributions including what the employer contributes through matching?

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
            The 17,500 limit, is that total contributions including what the employer contributes through matching?
            Your personal contributions. Employer match is on top of that.
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Originally posted by FastFox View Post
              Also, the vesting issue comes into play with a 401K. If you have an IRA, it is all yours except the early withdrawal penalty just like in the 401K.
              What vesting issue?
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                What vesting issue?
                Ha, I just caught that.

Comment

I got no problem with vesting. I think it makes you look great and that is why i wear a three piece daily. With a pocketwatch on a chain. And a monocle. Jeeves, do bring the car around, i would like to do some burnouts.
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      I got no problem with vesting. I think it makes you look great and that is why i wear a three piece daily. With a pocketwatch on a chain. And a monocle. Jeeves, do bring the car around, i would like to do some burnouts.
                      He's probably talking about sweatervesting.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                        Fucking mother fucker......

Comment

Max out your 401k, first. Then look into a Roth IRA second.

When you max out your 401k, let's say 10%, if you're in the high income range, you get the side effect of having a "raise" towards the end of the year when the 401k company has pulled out the $17,500 already. Suddenly, your paychecks are bigger because they stopped taking some out for your 401k account.
                          Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                            You aren't limited to 17,500 a year. This year your limit is 23,000.
                            Thanks! Looks like I need to make some changes.

Comment

Working...
                            X