750 HP mustang?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 HP mustang?

CNN released an interesting quote the other day while discussing the new SRT Challenger Hellcat. Apparently, CNN has mentioned that a Ford rep has told them that the next ‘SVT Mustang’ will have*‘more HP than the Hellcat’.If that is the case, then we should all invest in firesuits and race helmets, because this next generation SVT should be stupid fast – and it is already rumored to weigh less than 3,500 lbs – , which is close to 1000 pounds less than the Hellcat Challenger – and the Hellcat*just ran a 10.80 @ 126 in the 1/4 mile.Also, it appears as if the once-rumored-dead 5.8L ‘Trinity’ motor, found in the 13/14 GT500 – could possibly make an appearance in the next gen SVT. It would make sense, because this engine already cranks out a dizzying 662 HP from the factory, and seemingly it wouldn’t take much for Ford to ‘tweak’ this motor to break the 750HP mark, which would re-establish Ford as king of the street legal land rockets.Could we potentially see a 3500 lb, 750 HP SVT Mustang in 2016? Could we finally see a Mustang that runs a 9 second quarter mile from the factory? If you are a fast car guy, this is a great time to be alive – especially if you are financially wealthy; Expect the next-gen SVT to be over the $70,000 mark, while the new Hellcat Challenger is rumored to be closer to $60,000.Regardless, we will keep you posted as we find out more.__________________

financially wealthy... shit, I'll get one of each

Comment

actually looks good to me. its just a rendering.

Comment

Rendering or not, I like the hell out of that.

Comment

From those angles, it looks good.

Comment

One acronym, SVT...
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Comment

I dig it despite the hood.

Comment

$$$$chooo$$$$chooo$$$$

If they make it

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                    I dig it despite the hood.

I am not a fan of the new forward louvers on it. They look tacked on, and like they were picked up at Auto Zone.

Comment

I friggin dig that.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        I am not a fan of the new forward louvers on it. They look tacked on, and like they were picked up at Auto Zone.
                        I have the same feelings. I really like the 13-14 hood vents, but these look cheap and out of place.

Comment

lets just hope they don't do any widebody 2015 mustang.

Comment

I like the looks of the 350 so far. I'm ready to hear some specs though.
                            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I would roll it...but would pay for it...
                              Originally posted by Da Prez
                              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Working...
                              X