Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Mustang Horsepower numbers FINALLY revealed

Color me extremely unimpressed.

Nearly eight months after it was unveiled to the public, we finally know what is arguably the most important thing about the 2015 Ford Mustang: How much power it has. And it doesn't disappoint.

Road & Track has Ford's official stats on the 2015 'Stang, and they say the 5.0-liter V8-powered Mustang GT has 435 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque. That's a boost of 15 horses and 10 torques from the old car, which has the same "Coyote" V8 engine.

And speaking of "boost," the 2.3-liter turbo four Mustang EcoBoost is revealed to have 310 horsepower and a whopping 320 pound-feet of torque. Impressive numbers for sure.

At the bottom of the Mustang ladder is the base V6 engine, now actually down on power slightly to 300 horsepower from the old car. It still has 280 pound-feet of torque.

Potent numbers all around. We'll update this if we get more Mustang details today.

Nearly eight months after it was unveiled to the public, we finally know what is arguably the most important thing about the 2015 Ford Mustang: How much power it has. And it doesn't disappoint.

The ecoboost is looking legit but I'm still wanting the GT..

Comment

haha.. dang. Looks like 2015 is going to be the year of the hellcat and the ZL1. are they even making a SVT model for 2015?
      http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

keeping the 12 for sure.

Comment

Yes, they are making an SVT vehicle it already has and order code.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            That's a boost of 15 horses and 10 torques
            Give me more torques!
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Aren't these things supposed to hit dealer lots in the next month or two?

Comment

Yes, from my dealer contacts, late Aug. early Sept.

And I'm not disappointed in those numbers at all, you are getting BOSS numbers without the extra $$$, remember that it's a 5.0 4v , its making close to the same numbers as the generals 6.2 SS @ 426hp/420tq.
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  Yes, from my dealer contacts, late Aug. early Sept.

And I'm not disappointed in those numbers at all, you are getting BOSS numbers without the extra $$$, remember that it's a 5.0 4v , its making close to the same numbers as the generals 6.2 SS @ 426hp/420tq.

'13 Boss has 444, GT has 420. Knowing Ford, I figured they would up it by about 20 hp like a bunch of a faggots, and they couldn't even do that. They could have had me buying new Mustangs back in the '90's if they weren't always so fucking stingy with upping the horsepower numbers in the Mustang.

Comment

'14 Boss has 444, GT has 420. Knowing Ford, I figured they would up it by about 20 hp like a bunch of a faggots, and they couldn't even do that. They could have had me buying new Mustangs back in the '90's if they weren't always so fucking stingy with upping the horsepower numbers in the Mustang.
                    I agree with this. With all the hoopla circling them hiding the numbers I was hoping for like 475+n/a or something wild...not +15 hp

Comment

'14 Boss has 444, GT has 420. Knowing Ford, I figured they would up it by about 20 hp like a bunch of a faggots, and they couldn't even do that. They could have had me buying new Mustangs back in the '90's if they weren't always so fucking stingy with upping the horsepower numbers in the Mustang.
                      Yeah I mean 435hp in a Mustang GT that has great driveability, gets decent MPG, and runs on 87 is such a bitch move by Ford.

Comment

I've always been under the impression that GM gives you out of the box high HP numbers and Ford works closely with the aftermarket to provide more HP if it is desired. When the 4.6 4v was introduced, it came with 300hp, they have given it a slightly more cubes and TiVCT to make 435hp/400tq, I believe that's bad ass...

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
                          Yeah I mean 435hp in a Mustang GT that has great driveability, gets decent MPG, and runs on 87 is such a bitch move by Ford.

When you look at the current car, and what the competition is doing, yes, 15 additional horsepower with the first complete overhaul since 2005 is pretty fucking lame. No wonder they waited so long to release the numbers.

Comment

its the first year of a new body, the increased power will come in few more years.

Comment

When you look at the current car, and what the competition is doing, yes, 15 additional horsepower with the first complete overhaul since 2005 is pretty fucking lame. No wonder they waited so long to release the numbers.
                              So angry, go sit in the hot tub for an hour and come back.

Comment

Working...
                              X