Fight Club Sequel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight Club Sequel

Since some dumbass of a mod moved the original thread to the TV forum, even though this isn't about a movie, tv show, or music, new thread time.

Huge Comic-Con news today. We can finally announce that the long-awaited FIGHT CLUB graphic novel has found a home. Dark Horse Comics will publish the comic as a 10 issue maxiseries. It will be written by Chuck himself and illustrated by Cameron Stewart. Cameron is an Eisner Award winning artist most famous for his work on Catwoman, Batman and Robin, Seaguy, and The Other Side. Handling cover art duties will be David Mack, a long-time friend of Chuck's and the awesome artist behind the popular Kabuki series. The first issue will debut April 8th, 2015!

USA Today broke the story of the collaboration today. You can read the full article online today! (The in-print version will be available tomorrow, Tuesday July 22nd.)

More on the plot of FIGHT CLUB 2 from USA Today:

Fight Club 2 takes place alternately in the future and the past. It picks up a decade after the ending of his original book, where the protagonist is married to equally problematic Marla Singer and has a 9-year-old son named Junior, though the narrator is failing his son in the same way his dad failed him.

At the same time, Palahniuk says readers will have an idea of Tyler's true origins. "Tyler is something that maybe has been around for centuries and is not just this aberration that's popped into his mind."

To celebrate this awesome news, Dark Horse Editor in Chief, Scott Allie, will join illustrator Cameron Stewart, cover artist David Mack, director David Fincher, Random House editor Gerry Howard, moderator Rick Kleffel and of course, Chuck Palahniuk, on a panel Saturday night, July 26th at 7pm called 'FIGHT CLUB: From Page To Screen and Beyond."

More information about this panel, as well as Chuck's signings can be found here: http://chuckpalahniuk.net/news/detai...arance-updated

Doesn't this belong in the comic book forum?

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
      Doesn't this belong in the comic book forum?

We could always use a few more useless forums to diminish traffic since not everyone uses the New Post function.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        We could always use a few more useless forums to diminish traffic since not everyone uses the New Post function.
        What are you talking about, the school forum is rockin'!

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
          What are you talking about, the school forum is rockin'!

That subforum is crazy. It's like the Raiders won the Superbowl in there.

Comment

No shit.
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I got excited thinking it was a movie sequel. I've never read the comic.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Since some dumbass of a mod moved the original thread to the TV forum, even though this isn't about a movie, tv show, or music, new thread time.
                It wasn't me, but I can move it to the proper forum.

lol!
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  I got excited thinking it was a movie sequel. I've never read the comic.
                  Was there a comic before this?

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  It wasn't me, but I can move it for you to the proper forum.

lol!
                  Enjoy your free pass. Because it does have an expiration date.

Comment

Was there a comic before this?

Enjoy your free pass. Because it does have an expiration date.
                    I know there was a book, I guess I figured the sequel being a comic there was a previous, I'm not sure. I don't know what the fuck is going on.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      I know there was a book, I guess I figured the sequel being a comic there was a previous, I'm not sure. I don't know what the fuck is going on.

LOL! No, this is the first comic. It is a sequel. I'm pretty sure to the book, not the movie. The book was only slightly different but it was 3 pretty big but short arcs that were different.

Comment

Working...
                      X