Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quebec bans hellaflush

Donks next?

Those nogoodniks up in the frozen French north of Quebec just decided to ban your sweet, sweet hellaflush ride, all because stancing it out affects handling and maneuverability in a province with snow nine months out of the year. But we all know that really, it's just The Man trying to keeping you down.

And The Man doesn't even care how much you spent on those rims for your mom's Honda.

The best part about this whole thing is that the Quebec government, which apparently thinks that hellaflush cars are such a problem that they've issued a directive explaining why the style is prohibited, and how to recognize the stanced menace:

Hellaflush is a practice of cosmetic modifications that comes to the detriment of handling and road holding capabilities which consist of:

Lowering the suspension of the vehicle
    Installing oversized and offset wheels (offset greater than of the stock wheels)
    Installing tires too narrow for the wheels (tire stretching).
    These modifications,that affect the geometry of the vehicles suspension, are generally observed by the presence of exaggerated negative camber. This is an overview of the principals of hellaflush and the reason this practice is prohibited.

The directive goes on to explain that tire manufacturers never intended for their precious rubbery products to be stretched, which would massively compromise their handling characteristics, and how adjusting the camber past the point of practicality makes maneuverability, well, unpractical.

Don't worry if you've got your car looking so, so, good already, and you think you might have to run all the way to Moncton to escape those Big Government nuts in Laval. Right now, the worst that can happen is that a cop can pull you over and send you to get your car inspected, at which point you will be informed that your car did not pass inspection, and if you want it on the road again you'll have to put it back the way it was.

Oh, and your insurance company is legally allowed to refuse to compensate you for a claim, if your car has been modified beyond manufacturer standards.

But hey, long live free Quebec, or something.

Those nogoodniks up in the frozen French north of Quebec just decided to ban your sweet, sweet hellaflush ride, all because stancing it out affects handling and maneuverability in a province with snow nine months out of the year. But we all know that really, it's just The Man trying to keeping you down.

Wow, just wow...
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I think hellaflush is fucking stupid, but why legislate something like this?

Comment

Blame Canada.... It's not even a real country anyway...

Comment

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
            Blame Canada.... It's not even a real country anyway...
            Amen!

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I've never even heard the term "hellaflush" until this thread...

Comment

Speaking of hellaflush, anyone heard from Phil lately?
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                  I've never even heard the term "hellaflush" until this thread...
                  Same...googling after this.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                    Speaking of hellaflush, anyone heard from Phil lately?
                    Si

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                      Si
                      Are you going to disappear when you are married with kids too?

Comment

Merdre!
                        Originally posted by talisman
                        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                        Originally posted by AdamLX
                        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        Because fuck you, that's why
                        Originally posted by 80coupe
                        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                        Originally posted by Rick Modena
                        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

yo, ya car looks like shit B
                          sigpic

Comment

Yo hellaflush looks like hellashit! I agree they are an eyesore, but not sure about the law. If ricers want to bottom out on everything that should be their business.

Comment

What about donks? Hell them seem hella unsafe to me more then the lowered rides

Comment

Working...
                              X