Ebola on US shores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SEB View Post
    I call BS on that too. You ever seen what a nurse has to go through to become a RN. Believe me those people followed protocol! The Government is just saying they didnt to keep panic down. The two new patients are College educated people. They didnt get to where there at because they cant follow instructions
    Have you met some of the people coming out of college! Unless the PPE that is/was being used is inadequate, I would still lean towards something happening during decontamination and removing the PPE.

I just reached out to my Aunt to get her take on what is going on, she has worked for the CDC for years.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Yeah run in to them all the time on here

How is that working out for you?

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
        Have you met some of the people coming out of college! Unless the PPE that is/was being used is inadequate, I would still lean towards something happening during decontamination and removing the PPE.

I just reached out to my Aunt to get her take on what is going on, she has worked for the CDC for years.
        I would go along with you on the first time and maybe the 2nd time. But when number 3 pops up. Then what excuse do you offer
        GOD BLESS TEXAS
        August Landscaping
        214-779-7278
        Seb's high class.
        He'll mow your grass.
        He'll kick your ass.
        And while his kidney stones pass,
        He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

I would go along with you on the first time and maybe the 2nd time. But when number 3 pops up. Then what excuse do you offer

This country has over 300 million people. Believe it or not, more than three of them are idiots, regardless of what a transcript says.

Comment

I call BS on that too. You ever seen what a nurse has to go through to become a RN. Believe me those people followed protocol! The Government is just saying they didnt to keep panic down. The two new patients are College educated people. They didnt get to where there at because they cant follow instructions
            Bro. I was saying medical staff suck at donning/doffing procedures well before this second person was even known about. 8mpg was telling people on here that his team is an exception. Remember? Go back a couple days on here and reread.

If you haven't had first-hand experience in this, you really don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
              How is that working out for you?
              I have paid for piece of land. Own my own business started out mowing houses and now mow Commercial properties and own plenty of cars. I dont know you tell me. You own your house?
              GOD BLESS TEXAS
              August Landscaping
              214-779-7278
              Seb's high class.
              He'll mow your grass.
              He'll kick your ass.
              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

I call BS on that too. You ever seen what a nurse has to go through to become a RN. Believe me those people followed protocol!
                We don't know the credentials of the nurse infected, she could have been a LVN or a RN.
                class joke
                {
                private:
                char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
                double Peas, Carrots;
                string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
                };

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
                  We don't know the credentials of the nurse infected, she could have been a LVN or a RN.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I have paid for piece of land. Own my own business started out mowing houses and now mow Commercial properties and own plenty of cars. I dont know you tell me. You own your house?

I meant intellectually. Most smart people don't measure the worth of their life in possessions.

Comment

Keep in mind, these people all work in close proximity, some people don't realize they are feeling feverish until they have an elevated fever! (not trying to explain it away, just throwing it out there) So at what point do they consider it contagious, the instant that a persons normal body temp of say 98.6, are they contagious the moment it hits 98.7 and continues to rise, or is it more say 100.1 and rising? It leaves a potentially broad window for something to be transmitted to someone else or to a surface, thus causing more infection.

side note: are you working on rebuilding the deck on 548?
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        Anyone in the government cares what the citizens think in mass. Don't be silly...with midterms coming, politicians will respond massively if they think it'll get votes

The worst thing you can do is downplay, belittle concerns, and try to ignore this. That's the mentality that got 2 more infected
                        Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying ignore it. But you know what is a close second behind downplaying and ignoring? Panic.

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                        Yep im going today to stock up on Water and Canned chicken and Ramon noodles. I wonder how many of the big bottles of water I should get and how long should last a family 6 including a toddler. Looks like Sulpher Springs might be in our near future in the next month or two
                        Yep yep! The government isnt telling America that its going to get WAY WORSE! This shit might be Airborne and they really dont know the Incubation period of Ebola.
                        Whatever guys! I just hope im wrong and over reacting!
                        I call BS on all of it! Its here and its spreading with people wearing suits. Wake the fuck up people. Make jokes at me all you want, It is what it is!!!
                        my wife works for Med City and if they start getting Ebola Patients im going to beg her to QUIT

Not only is it bullshit panic, it's based on bad info.

Not Airborne yet they say. It def can mutate to Airborne easily!
                        Why do some viruses go airborne? Will the pathogen causing the west African outbreak be one of them?

Here is what it would take for it to become a real airborne risk: First off, a substantial amount of Ebola virus would need to start replicating in cells that reside in the throat, the bronchial tubes and possibly in the lungs. Second, the airborne method would have to be so much more efficient than the current extremely efficient means of transmission that it would overcome any genetic costs to the virus stemming from the mutation itself. Substantial natural hurdles make it unlikely that either event will occur.

they really dont know the Incubation period of Ebola.
                        I mean really, how in the fuck does he know that? Don't give him cart-blanch to spew bullshit just because "we can't ignore it."
                        Just because the incubation period is a large range does not mean it is not grounded in fact and study. "They don't know" is not the same as "I'm not comfortable with the results"

Objectives
                        Ebola hemorrhagic fever has killed over 1300 people, mostly in equatorial Africa. There is still uncertainty about the natural reservoir of the virus and about some of the factors involved in disease transmission. Until now, a maximum incubation period of 21 days has been assumed.

Methods
                        We analyzed data collected during the Ebola outbreak (subtype Zaire) in Kikwit, Democratic Republic of the Congo, in 1995 using maximum likelihood inference and assuming a log-normally distributed incubation period.

Results
                        The mean incubation period was estimated to be 12.7 days (standard deviation 4.31 days), indicating that about 4.1% of patients may have incubation periods longer than 21 days.

Conclusion
                        If the risk of new cases is to be reduced to 1% then 25 days should be used when investigating the source of an outbreak, when determining the duration of surveillance for contacts, and when declaring the end of an outbreak.
                        The minimum incubation period was calculated from the death of the index case to the onset of fever in the secondary case. The mean came out to be 7 days, and the range was from 1 day to 15 days. The maximum incubation period was calculated from the onset of fever in the index case to the onset of fever in the secondary case and the mean came out to be 17 days with the range going from 9 days to 25 days. Because infections occur between the onset of fever and the day of death, the mean incubation period should lie between 7 and 17 days

There's science in this post... SEB might not read it.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          I meant intellectually. Most smart people don't measure the worth of their life in possessions.
                          Hanging out with you assholes for 15 years its starting to rub off on me
                          GOD BLESS TEXAS
                          August Landscaping
                          214-779-7278
                          Seb's high class.
                          He'll mow your grass.
                          He'll kick your ass.
                          He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                            Keep in mind, these people all work in close proximity, some people don't realize they are feeling feverish until they have an elevated fever! (not trying to explain it away, just throwing it out there) So at what point do they consider it contagious, the instant that a persons normal body temp of say 98.6, are they contagious the moment it hits 98.7 and continues to rise, or is it more say 100.1 and rising? It leaves a potentially broad window for something to be transmitted to someone else or to a surface, thus causing more infection.

side note: are you working on rebuilding the deck on 548?
                            Thats my point! They dont know shit about this Ebola

Actually tearing the deck down to put in a Single Wide Trailer. Picked my singlewide up for CHEAP! Gotta Upgrade from my White Trash RV
                            GOD BLESS TEXAS
                            August Landscaping
                            214-779-7278
                            Seb's high class.
                            He'll mow your grass.
                            He'll kick your ass.
                            He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                              There's science in this post... SEB might not read it.

Solid science, no liber arts major please.
                              class joke
                              {
                              private:
                              char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
                              double Peas, Carrots;
                              string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
                              };

Comment

• Panic is far better than lax behavior.

And I haven't seen an ounce of panic yet...

Comment

Working...
                                X