Forest Lane mural wall, gone ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forest Lane mural wall, gone ??

The Glen Meadow Estates Home Owners Association wants to paint over the mural wall. In a recently discovered 1967 document it belongs to the association. 'cause it's an eyesore' as claimed by 2 men, it needs to be painted over.

I remember when the wall was painted to cover up all the B.S. that was sprayed on it before the mural. I like the mural, reminds me of old times, crusin', cars, girls, and other good stuff. They sure didn't step up and paint it in 1974. Student volunteers form W. T. White H.S. did the mural in 1976.

I think it should be a piece of history. I don't know what to do about it but I would not like to see it go.

Dallas Morning News Metro page has more info. Aug. 1.

That wall is ugly as fuck.

Comment

Wasn't that wall in the Ice Ice Baby video while he was driving his 5.0??
      sigpic

Comment

I think it's bullshit that these yuppie douches are whining about it, and I hope some Vatos tag the shit out of it once they paint over it.
        70' Chevelle RagTop
        (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
          I think it's bullshit that these yuppie douches are whining about it, and I hope some Vatos tag the shit out of it once they paint over it.
          Yep! That's what I was thinking.

Comment

Americans will make an issue of anything...

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
              And then I hope the city forces the Homeowners association to stay on top of cleaning up the graffiti.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                Americans will make an issue of anything...
                I'm not sure the individuals complaining are Americans...The story I heard was they weren't born here... And it's one homeowner (at least the story I read)
                Article Quote:
                But in recent days, says one member of the Glen Meadow Estates Home Owners Association, an “ugly” war has broken out over the mural, sparked by two men living behind the wall
                Two men living together? Just saying. So two "guys" bitch and it might get painted ? Eff that
                Last edited by dcs13; 08-01-2014, 03:38 PM. Reason: added

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                  And then I hope the city forces the Homeowners association to stay on top of cleaning up the graffiti.
                  hell yes!
                  70' Chevelle RagTop
                  (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
                  X