How many people want to live out in the country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many people want to live out in the country

How many of you would like to live in the country. That dont.

And for what reasons. Im arguing with the wife and I need ammo! I want to move out of the city and into the peace and quiet life
    Yes, i would like to move out of city limits and into the "country'
    0%
    No, I have no desire to move out of my city or town.
    0%
    WH

I've been thinking about moving to the country and eating a lot of peaches.

Comment

If your wife doesn't want to, and you somehow convince her to give it a shot, it will not be quiet nor peaceful.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Baron knows what's up.

Comment

I grew up out in the country and will move back as soon as I get the opportunity.
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Is the one person Talisman?

Comment

I kinda already do, but I wouldn't mind being further out.
              Ded

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                If your wife doesn't want to, and you somehow convince her to give it a shot, it will not be quiet nor peaceful.
                Wisdom.

The only way this can work out is if you play the long game. Drop bits of info and suggestion until she thinks it's her idea.

First tactic: find a bed and breakfast in the country, preferably with a separate guest house and spend a couple of days in the quiet with a pasture view. This one was nice:

Comment

"No, I have no desire to move out of my city or town."

Well that's a loaded option. Just because I don't want to move out to Podunk doesn't mean I want to live where I currently do.
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Absolutely. Buying as much acreage as I can afford up around Farmerville in 5 years or so, with a couple friends.

I'm also currently trying to buy a cousin and uncle out of their stake in the family property in OK.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I would really love to do it, but at the same time, I struggle to see how people that live in the country really get by. I don't want to be a 50 miles one way commuter.

Comment

I don't really live in the country per se but I live in Stephenville, so it's not far from it. I'm planning on moving to a city next, as there's more stuff to do and a larger selection of everything.

Comment

Nope
                          Originally posted by davbrucas
                          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

If your wife freaks out at the site of spiders, snakes, scorpions, etc... You'll have a really bad time.

I want to sit on my porch with an AR-15 and shoot beer cans 100 yards away when I'm bored. I like noisy things that neighbors in suburbs bitch about. That and I want to make my own beer, whiskey and grow my own food without neighbors complaining about the smells or wanting samples. I also want to be able to hop on my Grizzly and ride around the "neighborhood" without someone calling the police.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                              I don't really live in the country per se but I live in Stephenville, so it's not far from it. I'm planning on moving to a city next, as there's more stuff to do and a larger selection of everything.
                              Yeah, that's the one downside to living out further. Nothing is a quick trip.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X