Anyone been to a Bristol Nascar race?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone been to a Bristol Nascar race?

My wife and I will be going to the Bristol, TN night race in a little over two weeks. We have never been to the track and could use some pointers. We are staying the night in Knoxville the night before and heading up to the track early on race day. After the race we are driving to Asheville, NC for a few nights stay. Any race traffic tips, parking tips, venue tips, Asheville tips (already doing the Biltmore), restaurants, etc. would be helpful. We have both been to Grandfather Mountain and Blowing Rock several times so looking for other options. Thanks for the tips.

Been a while since I have been to Bristol. Used to have season tickets for years. My best advice, park as far away as you can comfortably walk and park on the side of the road and facing the direction that you need to go after the race. Traffic is horrendous. Asheville is a couple hours from the track. Tough ride on those country highways in the mountains after dark. Oh, and they set up DWI check points and stop all cars.
    If you have never been, get ready, it's the best race on the circuit. The sound and feeling of 43 cars in that place is something you never forget

Comment

We went to the night race a few years ago. It was pretty cool, and loud as loud could be!!! The cars are making laps so fast that if you look away and try to find a certain car. It takes a couple of laps before you can figure out who is who.

It is one place that you see more on tv than in person! However I had to do it once when I had the chance. We sat at the top, between turns 3-4. I can not imagine how it would be sitting in the middle of the straights.

Talladega is the one "must go to" races. And try to make it to one that falls on Halloween if you can!! "Hallodega" was awesome!!!!!'

Comment

Working...
      X