Tacoma's are f'ing expensive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
    I love tacos, and still went with a new F150... More power, tows more, drives/rides better, can seat 5 full grown adults in comfort, gets better MPG, and has more equipment for the $. The only benefits to the taco are better off-road performance with the smaller footprint.

The Japanese automakers are behind the domestics and koreans in nearly every part of their lineup. They are relying on having better perceived reliability, but the other automakers have long since caught them with their modern powertrains, features, and styling.

Toyota - Prius is their saving grace
    Honda - Hopes those people that have always bought accords/civics never die.
    Nissan - Quit putting CVTs in everything
    Never mind the fact that the Camry has been the best selling car for the last 12 years. GM sells fewer vettes in a year than toyota sells Camrys in a month. (C7 sales numbers withstanding)

Comment

I just think they are butt-ass ugly. I never cared for the curvy modern trucks. I hated when Ford went that way with the F-150's in 94. I like my trucks and lawnmowers to be boxy and brawny.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
        So I'm looking at 4dr 4x4 tacoma's, and 8 yrs old with 130k miles are going for 15k!!

example of foolishness

Maybe I should choose a different truck....

/rant
        Try diesel excursions

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
          Sure there is, retain resale value.
          You must not keep up with used Silverado and Sierra prices.

Comment

Never mind the fact that the Camry has been the best selling car for the last 12 years. GM sells fewer vettes in a year than toyota sells Camrys in a month. (C7 sales numbers withstanding)
            And the F150 has been the best selling vehicle for what like the last 35 years.
            07 GT500
            05 SRT10
            88 turbocoupe T-bird
            93 Cobra
            86 coupe
            Ducati 848

Comment

07 GT500
              05 SRT10
              88 turbocoupe T-bird
              93 Cobra
              86 coupe
              Ducati 848

Comment

Tacoma's are f'ing expensive.

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                And the F150 has been the best selling vehicle for what like the last 35 years.

Largely due to fleet sales. The majority of Camry sales are to individuals. Both the F series and the Silverado are choices for fleet, now there are more privately owned ones on the road than there are tacomas or tundras.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                  You must not keep up with used Silverado and Sierra prices.

Comparative to the prices they are sold at I don't think they are near as good on resale. I really don't care that much about them though, I am rather happy with my Tacoma. When I do replace it it will likely be with another Tacoma. They work well for me but might not be optimal for everyone.

Comment

Largely due to fleet sales. The majority of Camry sales are to individuals.
                    Lots of Camry Fleet cars. Just saying..

The resale value as your strongest draw for a taco is funny.... A super lame truck that holds it's value... Sweet, so I can be miserable for the next 5 years driving it but it will still be worth a lot when it's worn the fuck out.

Cool

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
                      Lots of Camry Fleet cars. Just saying..

The resale value as your strongest draw for a taco is funny.... A super lame truck that holds it's value... Sweet, so I can be miserable for the next 5 years driving it but it will still be worth a lot when it's worn the fuck out.

Cool
                      The F series makes up the bulk of most fleet trucks. Almost one third of ALL OF FORDS SALES are to fleet customers. Toyota does less than 13% in compairison.

That isn't my strongest draw. I bought it because of my positive experiences with the line. I happen to enjoy the size of it versus other trucks on the market. Also, when I bought mine there weren't many full size trucks that came close to the fuel mileage that I get in the Tacoma. I personally don't think my truck is anywhere near as lame as some of the domestically produced trucks that you see everywhere. I don't really find anything exciting about anything Ford or GM has right now short of a Raptor (that just isn't practical). As for "worn the fuck out", I guess you don't care for your cars. As I said earlier my Dad's Tacoma has 155k on it and felt almost identical to the day it rolled off the lot. I haven't seen a single domestic truck other than the Jeep Wrangler or a well cared for Cherokee that has been able to pull off the same feat.

Now if I were in the market for a brand new truck I would be in a hard spot indeed. The domestic offerings are pretty nice and I would be hard pressed to just jump into another Tacoma without looking at what is out there. Now in the used market I don't think there is any better buy from a financial standpoint. Sure, it is going to be more expensive than you might like, but chances are you are going to be able to sell it for damned near what you paid in a few years. If you are into burning a pile of money every time you get a new car, so be it. I personally find value retention to be a very valid point to consider when making a large purchase. I guess if I were financing it would be less of a concern to me, but I don't finance my cars. I paid cash for the 08 Taco and I will pay cash for the next truck as well.

My Tacoma looks identical to this. I like it quite a lot. If you don't ... well frankly I don't give a fuck.

Last edited by Pokulski-Blatz; 08-11-2014, 07:46 PM.

Comment

As with any cult following the decision to own isn't purely logical. Why do so many people here like fox bodies? It damn sure Isn't the best choice to own

Comment

Working...
                        X