Resident pool guys, come in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
    My mother has never drained her pool and had the same stainless sand filter since it was new in the 70's. She has changed the sand maybe three or four times. The water is not as spit shined as my DE but it is kind of hard to argue with her results. This week is the first time she has even replaced the pipes around the pump. That shit was getting kind of ragged but still working. Blue Haven built it. Anyone remember when snakes were all the rage in pools? It had those up until about 15 years ago or so.
    I bet she had copper plumbing. Old pools with copper plumbing never got algae in them because some of the copper gets dissolved in the water and it is a killer algaecide.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Replaced filters this year after I bought the house. 120 every 3yrs or so for crystal clear water is worth it imo instead of messing with the sand.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
        Hayward is a better quality DE filter then the others on the market and the service parts for it are the cheapest. What size filter do you have now? How old is your filter and what brand is it? It may be under warranty. Most had a 10 year warranty on the filter body.
        48sq/ft de
        aquatech by pac fab. I believe it is the original from when the pool was built in ~2000

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
        I will not steal from anyone but I am not above banging someones daughter (every gal is someones daughter). I haven't built a model airplane in many, many years nor am I a fairy. The only reason you would have to hide your dog when I come over is so my dog will not try to bite it.
        tommy boy quote.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
        X