Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else, starting to sense the Ferguson Cop shooting might be excessive force ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
    Well well, another rush to judgement and monday morning quarterbacking...While there may still be an issue with the shooting, when will people learn to effing chill and let the REAL story get out before getting all up in arms...

The below says it all...

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
    I agree to a point. But if you take thousands of individuals incidents over time, you end up with Reginald Denny getting kissed by a brick.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

What we are supposed to wait for the investigation?!?! Pshht that is the common sense thing to do.

Now we know why they stopped him but finding out how he got shot would be interesting. Story now is he was fighting the cop in the car, got loose and the cop shot him in the back with his hands up. I will reserve any thoughts until we find out what actually happened.

To me all this is what has been said on here before, play stupid games, win stupid prizes. If he did not rob the store and fight a cop he would have not been shot.

Comment

I've said it many many times before. Don't fuck with a person with a gun. Especially with the way cops have been so quick to shoot lately.

Do what he says and if you're treated unfairly then deal with it with a lawyer. you may lose but you will be alive.
        Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
          I've said it many many times before. Don't fuck with a person with a gun. Especially with the way cops have been so quick to shoot lately.

Do what he says and if you're treated unfairly then deal with it with a lawyer. you may lose but you will be alive.
          But this speaks to a much greater issue with law enforcement that needs to be addressed. Cops don't want to admit it, but the numbers sure do a lot of speaking. Police departments are either full of unlucky officers or trigger happy thugs that don't want to deal with headaches.

Comment

But this speaks to a much greater issue with law enforcement that needs to be addressed. Cops don't want to admit it, but the numbers sure do a lot of speaking. Police departments are either full of unlucky officers or trigger happy thugs that don't want to deal with headaches.
            Government sanctioned thugs is what they've turned into in most cases. On the militarization of the police, when you hire a lot of former military and give them the opportunity to play military again, don't you think they're going to jump at the chance?

Comment

This is another going I've been saying lol.
              Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                Government sanctioned thugs is what they've turned into in most cases. On the militarization of the police, when you hire a lot of former military and give them the opportunity to play military again, don't you think they're going to jump at the chance?
                Man, I can't find any numbers that say what percentage of cops are prior service - but I specifically did not want another job taking orders from people I perceived to be dumber than I am. (which is saying a lot)

I could see the percentage being high though, since prior service is a feather in the cap for a lot of departments.

I could also see your point being valid - going back to what you know essentially.

I still think the police problem is a product of our justice/prison systems being all kinds of wrong. Gotta love the free crime training we provide while in prison and the networking they are able to do there.

I still don't understand why in the military they are able to make all at least exist together - meanwhile in prison there is essentially no rules or discipline pushed on them.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Role models I tell you, guess the first one is married to someone on here

Comment

Video from the convenience store. Pretty telling.

Last edited by sc281; 08-15-2014, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                      I still think the police problem is a product of our justice/prison systems being all kinds of wrong. Gotta love the free crime training we provide while in prison and the networking they are able to do there.
                      We've made illegal a ton of things that shouldn't be, because there's no victim. Seat belt laws for adults, drug use, drunk driving. Now, what I'm not saying is those things should be fair game with no provisos, but you should be able to use drugs and drink and drive if you want to, but it should be a huge crime if you materially affect another person. Getting into accidents, robbing people to pay for your drug habits. As long as you don't do things like that you should be free to do as you wish. And yes, there is a certain amount of risk that comes with that amount of freedoms, a risk that I view is well worth it. I don't give two shits of the possibility of a negative outcome, as the possibility for a negative outcome exists in every single thing you do. What actually happened is important.
                      Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
                      Role models I tell you, guess the first one is married to someone on here
                      Not to say the two are the same, but I distinctly remember in history classes reading and hearing about a group of people that told their overlords to fuck off in the late 1700's. Were they bad role models?

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
                        This is another going I've been saying lol.
                        Ded

Comment

Not to say the two are the same, but I distinctly remember in history classes reading and hearing about a group of people that told their overlords to fuck off in the late 1700's. Were they bad role models?
                          Uhh yeah, having FTP written on your chest and carrying your kid? Pretty sure we were not running around saying FTB with their kids in their arms. And throwing cocktails at the cops and the truth has not come out yet? Thinking it is a little too soon for violence. Some guy with the initials MLK did a pretty good job getting stuff done without turning to violence.

Comment

I'm not going to shit on you, but point out that you were still in the process of squeezing the trigger and a simple scream/trip on a rock/dog bark, etc and the story is much different.

I think the reaction in MO is a result of story after story after story of cops acting like Judge Dredd.
                            That whole thing is one call. The dad had punched through a mirror trying to hit her again. I calmed him down and asked where the other party was. I rounded the corner outside and they were all headed back to the front door from around back, to kill him. She had that million mile stare and really did not even acknowledge when I raised the gun. She was within about 15 feet of me(it would have been a clean shoot at 21 feet), but just at a steady pace when I went to gun. At that point you could have popped a flash bang next to me and I wouldn't have noticed. My attention went from the knife to her face. When I realized she was zoned the fuck out and the marks I just holstered and grabbed her wrist and the knife as she got to me. I am not quick on the trigger by any means, nor do I freak the fuck out when things go to shit.

Ok the funny side to this story. Probably around five years after this I was in 7 Eleven. This man and his daughter where getting a slurpy and he walks up kind of laughing with her and says "hey you remember us". They were some funny mother fuckers. He said "yeah I got out of hand and kind of whipped her ass but she was being a little ass that day." She laughed and agreed. They had not had and argument since then. He said he had to take some anger management courses. I am nice to people even when I take them to jail for stupid shit. We all have done stupid shit in our lifetimes.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Or something more dangerous. You have combat vets who are cops who tell their stories about being deployed and then you have a bunch of civilians who want their own combat stories and work to ensure they have some.
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

We've made illegal a ton of things that shouldn't be, because there's no victim. Seat belt laws for adults, drug use, drunk driving. Now, what I'm not saying is those things should be fair game with no provisos, but you should be able to use drugs and drink and drive if you want to, but it should be a huge crime if you materially affect another person. Getting into accidents, robbing people to pay for your drug habits. As long as you don't do things like that you should be free to do as you wish. And yes, there is a certain amount of risk that comes with that amount of freedoms, a risk that I view is well worth it. I don't give two shits of the possibility of a negative outcome, as the possibility for a negative outcome exists in every single thing you do. What actually happened is important.
                                I hate that I agree with this, cause I usually disagree with most of what you post.

At the end of the day 90% of it is happening anyway. As they say, it's only illegal if you get caught.

Drinking and driving (not saying I'm an angel) is dangerous though. I'd imagine the argument is that LEOs are preventing the accidents that kill by doing this one. Personally, there are a 1001 things and I'd consider DUIs low on the list - especially of the 3 you posted.

Helmet laws - I think a rider is dumb for not using one - but it's their choice in TX. (or at least was)

Restrictions on guns and some accessories or making it a PITA to get 'em.

Yeah. Seems like we have much bigger problems than worry about some of this piddly crap.
                                Originally posted by MR EDD
                                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                                X