Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else, starting to sense the Ferguson Cop shooting might be excessive force ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolve*

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
      Beating a dead horse.

The city will do its damndest to resolve itself of liability and force the employee to use his/her own insurance.
      Ordinarily I would agree with you, butthe perception is that law officers tend not to be held to the same standards as individuals, when it comes to intentional torts committed while on duty. That perception of a different standard seems to be one of the core criticisms of modern policing methods.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
        Ordinarily I would agree with you, butthe perception is that law officers tend not to be held to the same standards as individuals, when it comes to intentional torts committed while on duty. That perception of a different standard seems to be one of the core criticisms of modern policing methods.
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

How many of those officers pull people over for those same violations they do? I know I had issues wearing my seat belt when I started and refused to pull people over for it unless the kids weren't. I work with a guy who has a bad habit of using his turn signals and he doesn't stop people for it either. So really that is upholding your own standards. Sure I imagine some stop people for things they do as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
            Beating a dead horse.

The city will do its damndest to resolve itself of liability and force the employee to use his/her own insurance.
            I agree and yet you still don't see the issue with cops being immune to laws that they enforce against citizens.
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
              That whole thing is one call. The dad had punched through a mirror trying to hit her again. I calmed him down and asked where the other party was. I rounded the corner outside and they were all headed back to the front door from around back, to kill him. She had that million mile stare and really did not even acknowledge when I raised the gun. She was within about 15 feet of me(it would have been a clean shoot at 21 feet), but just at a steady pace when I went to gun. At that point you could have popped a flash bang next to me and I wouldn't have noticed. My attention went from the knife to her face. When I realized she was zoned the fuck out and the marks I just holstered and grabbed her wrist and the knife as she got to me. I am not quick on the trigger by any means, nor do I freak the fuck out when things go to shit.

Ok the funny side to this story. Probably around five years after this I was in 7 Eleven. This man and his daughter where getting a slurpy and he walks up kind of laughing with her and says "hey you remember us". They were some funny mother fuckers. He said "yeah I got out of hand and kind of whipped her ass but she was being a little ass that day." She laughed and agreed. They had not had and argument since then. He said he had to take some anger management courses. I am nice to people even when I take them to jail for stupid shit. We all have done stupid shit in our lifetimes.
              Like I said, I wasn't trying to shit on you, and you seem pretty level headed.

I even think Matt is. I understand his point of view and the stance he takes on here. Then again, it could be a ginger deal...

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
                How many of those officers pull people over for those same violations they do? I know I had issues wearing my seat belt when I started and refused to pull people over for it unless the kids weren't. I work with a guy who has a bad habit of using his turn signals and he doesn't stop people for it either. So really that is upholding your own standards. Sure I imagine some stop people for things they do as well.
                We're not talking about a problem with cops lying and writing moving violations. We're talking about a problem with police killing people and getting away with it for no other reason than they have a badge. The kid in Missouri getting killed was wrong. The whole thing stinks. The homeless guy getting beaten to death in Fullerton California was wrong. The situation with the guy that got anal cavity searched to death in New Mexico is terrifying. Serving no knock warrants as a rule is wrong. Cops having military equipment like big armored vehicles (not just happy switches and body armor) is ludicrous. I realize that to a hammer, everything looks like nails, so you might write this post off, but community policing isn't what it once was. I also know the demands of the job are different than they were, and drastically so, but look at it from the point of view of the citizens, especially those concerned with liberty. You and I are being set up as adversaries, and it's in no one's best interest. This kind of shit is scary as fuck, dude. The potential is, I can get crossways with a cop without even realizing I'm in that kind of a situation, and my family could have little to no recourse. We've spent the last two decades trading freedom for the perception of safety, and we are losing both.

Comment

Matt has pulled over over 200,000 people in his career? And wrote almost none of them tickets? Then he complains about our tax money being wasted on irresponsible people and spending? Looks like I've just found a way to save the city of Fort Worth 90k a year. What a dumbshit.

Comment

We're not talking about a problem with cops lying and writing moving violations. We're talking about a problem with police killing people and getting away with it for no other reason than they have a badge. The kid in Missouri getting killed was wrong. The whole thing stinks. The homeless guy getting beaten to death in Fullerton California was wrong. The situation with the guy that got anal cavity searched to death in New Mexico is terrifying. Serving no knock warrants as a rule is wrong. Cops having military equipment like big armored vehicles (not just happy switches and body armor) is ludicrous. I realize that to a hammer, everything looks like nails, so you might write this post off, but community policing isn't what it once was. I also know the demands of the job are different than they were, and drastically so, but look at it from the point of view of the citizens, especially those concerned with liberty. You and I are being set up as adversaries, and it's in no one's best interest. This kind of shit is scary as fuck, dude. The potential is, I can get crossways with a cop without even realizing I'm in that kind of a situation, and my family could have little to no recourse. We've spent the last two decades trading freedom for the perception of safety, and we are losing both.
                    Where's the golf clap smiley? Solid post.
                    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Originally posted by YALE View Post
                      Statistically correct or not, perception is all that ever matters. Like a lot of folks I'm not FTP either - but my perception of police is changing and I see it in a lot of other people as well.

At the end of the day, perception is the primary factor in most fields. Sales - customers need the perception of being sold good stuff/having good service. Engineering, same. So on and so forth. If perception is ignored...well, that's not good.

Great post. Correct or not, this is the perception and I believe there is good reason for it.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• So they have video of him commit a strong arm robbery and it's called character assassination. I would call that character clarification.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          So they have video of him commit a strong arm robbery and it's called character assassination. I would call that character clarification.
                          You are correct Sir!
                          I didn't need to see that video to know what that cop did was right. Don't break the law and if you choose to, DO NOT RESIST WHEN YOU ARE ARRESTED. Cops are just looking for a reason to use their toys at an outlaws expense. What do you think is going to happen, sucks that those hood rats decided to loot and destroy, it will become Detroit before long and they will have no one to blame but themselves.
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            You are correct Sir!
                            I didn't need to see that video to know what that cop did was right. Don't break the law and if you choose to, DO NOT RESIST WHEN YOU ARE ARRESTED. Cops are just looking for a reason to use their toys at an outlaws expense. What do you think is going to happen, sucks that those hood rats decided to loot and destroy, it will become Detroit before long and they will have no one to blame but themselves.
                            Something I see in the lower income and black communities is they believe resisting is a right. As silly and stupid as it sounds, if you listen to their dialog, and reactions that is clearly their viewpoint. He wasn't doing anything wrong! And he was obviously resisting arrest, they see no fault In that. I'm not saying that's what happened in this instance, because we don't know. But, that is generally was causes all of this shit to happen. If you pay attention to recent instances, you'll see the "poor innocent good kids" in the black community really means "combative thugs." Is this what passes?
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              So they have video of him commit a strong arm robbery and it's called character assassination. I would call that character clarification.
                              The cop that shot him was unaware of that, and he surrendered before he was killed.

Comment

• Originally posted by YALE View Post
                                The cop that shot him was unaware of that, and he surrendered before he was killed.
                                Well neither of that has any bearing on what I said, hehe.

Comment

Working...
                                X