• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 0393gt View Post
    We had the best cartoons growing up!
    heck yea we did!

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
      Walla Walla, Washington
      Best onions in the world are grown there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
        Best onions in the world are grown there.
        Yes! Walla Walla sweet onions are fantastic and not hot at all.. I can eat the damn things like an apple.

Comment

Where can I acquire these onions?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            Where can I acquire these onions?
            You mean, other than Walla Walla, WA?

I haven't actually had them since I actulally lived in WA, but I assume some local stores may have them. Probably the specialty markets. I believe they are seasonal though, and not available year round.

Edit: Yep, but now is the time..

Walla Walla Sweet Onions are available Mid-June through late August

There are other sweet onions apparently:

Other U.S. varieties[edit]
            Imperial Valley Sweets come from the Imperial Valley in far southern California. This is one of the leading growing areas for sweet onions, although they are available only from late April through June.
            The Carzalia Sweet onion is a variety of sweet onion grown by Carzalia Valley Produce in Columbus, New Mexico.
            The Sunbrero (Texas) Sweet Onion is grown in Texas and distributed by Sweet Onion Trading Company, Melbourne, Florida.
            The Sweetie Sweet is a variety of sweet onion grown in the Mason Valley in Yerington, Nevada. The Sweetie Sweet onion can be found in marketplaces throughout September through the end of January.
            The Glennville sweet onion is grown in Tattnall County, in Glennville, Georgia.
            Maui onions are one of the smaller varieties of onions grown on the Hawaiian island of Maui. They are trademarked "Kula-grown" onions.
            Pecos onions are sweet onions grown in the Pecos Valley in the state of Texas.
            Texas 1015 Super Sweet onions are named for their optimum planting date, October 15. They were developed by Texas A&M University.[3][4]

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              You mean, other than Walla Walla, WA?

I haven't actually had them since I actulally lived in WA, but I assume some local stores may have them. Probably the specialty markets. I believe they are seasonal though, and not available year round.

Edit: Yep, but now is the time..

There are other sweet onions apparently:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_onion
              I found an online store, but their page says they are done for the season, and will start up in June 2015.

Comment

I found an online store, but their page says they are done for the season, and will start up in June 2015.
                Yeah, I just looked at about 5 different places for the Walla Wallas and they all said the same. I also looked for the Texas A&M Sweet Onions, and found the same..

I did see that they keep for 2-3 months, so maybe, just maybe, you can find them at a store somewhere. Damn.. Now I really want some. It's probably been 20 years since I have had them.

Comment

Yeah, I just looked at about 5 different places for the Walla Wallas and they all said the same. I also looked for the Texas A&M Sweet Onions, and found the same..

I did see that they keep for 2-3 months, so maybe, just maybe, you can find them at a store somewhere. Damn.. Now I really want some. It's probably been 20 years since I have had them.
                  Haha, I could go for some myself. Been way to long.

Comment

I love onions. I really want to try these.

Comment

I love onions. I really want to try these.
                      I can promise you they will not disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                        I can promise you they will not disappoint.
                        Agreed.. There was a small walk-up burger stand in the small town I lived in that would use them for onion rings when in season.. Best onion rings I have ever had.

Comment

Working...
                        X