X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoot out in San Bernardino

Now that's a lot o brass lying about!

Oh...and stupid journalists!

SAN BERNARDINO (CBSLA.com) — A police officer remained in critical condition Friday after undergoing surgery following a shooting that killed a suspect in San Bernardino.

The officer-involved shooting occurred around 2:07 a.m. in the 1900 block of Garner Avenue, authorities said.

Veteran officer Gabriel Garcia, 31, and a new officer trainee were patrolling the area, known for criminal activity, to “check on some individuals,” Lt. Rich Lawhead said.

The officers confronted a group of six people outside a home on a dead-end street.

“They did all meet earlier at a club here in town. From there they went and got some alcohol, and then for reasons I’m still not clear on they ended up on this street,” Chief Jarrod Burguan said.

As soon as officers approached the group, one suspect, identified as 38-year-old Alex Alvarado, started shooting, according to detectives.

“The second officer turned and saw his partner go down, saw the suspect with a gun and immediately engaged in a gun battle with that suspect,” Burguan said of the training officer who had just been out of the academy a few months.

Garcia, a 6.5-year veteran of the San Bernardino Police Department where his father also serves as a Captain, was shot twice in the upper body.

Fellow officers rushed him to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in a patrol car where he underwent surgery, which was completed around 7:30 a.m., according to Burguan. Garcia remains in critical condition.

“The officer is fighting for his life at this point,” Burguan said. “His family is there by his side. They’re at the hospital, and we have a very strong support structure around him at this time.”

Alvarado, who has a significant criminal history, was also transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead, authorities said.

An AK-47-type assault revolver with high-capacity magazines and a revolver were recovered at the scene, police said. Suspect Jonathan Contreras, 20, was arrested for possession of those weapons.

Orlando Cruz, 24, was taken into custody on outstanding traffic warrants. It was unclear if additional charges would be filed against him in relation to the officer-involved shooting.

Police also took another man and two women, between 18 and 24 years old with criminal record, into custody.
    A police officer remained in critical condition Saturday after undergoing neurosurgery following a shooting that killed a suspect in San Bernardino.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

At least they got "magazines" correct...
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

More satirical journalism from the fine state of California.

Comment

Probably meant to write "assault rifle" and got ahead of themselves
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Crazy mexicans!
          Originally posted by Da Prez
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Where can I get an assault revolver with magazines?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              Where can I get an assault revolver with magazines?
              San Bernardino. Duh.
              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I wonder if it was a ghost gun?

Comment

An AK-47-type assault revolver

If we didn't KNOW they were idiots, I would swear they were trolling us.

Comment

I bet that trainee had an adrenaline dump x1000000000!

Comment

I used to live 3.3 miles from there.
                      Last edited by Chili; 08-22-2014, 03:06 PM. Reason: Stupid google maps had the route goofed up..

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                        I bet that trainee had an adrenaline dump x1000000000!
                        I'd say he passed FT!

Comment

No vest?

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                            An AK-47-type assault revolver

If we didn't KNOW they were idiots, I would swear they were trolling us.
                            Article has been updated and that has been changed.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                              No vest?
                              Could have had a level 3a vest which stops up to 44 mag, but does do crap for a rifle round. bet he had a level 4 in a plate carrier in the trunk, because he didnt want to add 10+ pounds to his daily load.

*edit* the vests are also hot as shit.

Comment

Working...
                              X