Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know what an "Outage Coordinator" is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what an "Outage Coordinator" is?

Specifically for the gas and oil industry? I know it has something to do with being a liaison between repair contractors, sales teams, operations management, etc.

Has to do with flow control valves, actuators, measurement devices, etc....

I have an interview tomorrow with a company tomorrow... my headhunter is sending me out there, and apparently the company likes my blend of skills as a project manager, field engineer, and all around kick ass motherfucker.

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
    Specifically for the gas and oil industry? I know it has something to do with being a liaison between repair contractors, sales teams, operations management, etc.

Has to do with flow control valves, actuators, measurement devices, etc....

I have an interview tomorrow with a company tomorrow... my headhunter is sending me out there, and apparently the company likes my blend of skills as a project manager, field engineer, and all around kick ass motherfucker.
    Is it tomorrow? Dumbass?

Comment

No more caffeine for you man...
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Sounds like 24hours a day! Unless it's preventative outages. Good luck.

Is this the well intervention side of things?

Comment

This position is for the role of an Outage Coordinator who is responsible for ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction by scheduling and coordinating the execution of repair services performed by Emerson Instrument and Valve Services (I&VS) and other sub-contractors. This position entails a high degree of customer interaction, and is deeply imbedded in COMPANY XXX’s sales process, and consequently this position requires good people skills as well as the ability to lead and influence others without having direct authority. Experience in the Power, Refining, or Oil & Gas industry is a plus.
          This position may require 50% travel to client sites with some projects requiring multiple overnight stays, weekends, and extended work days.
          Specific tasks required by this position include, but are not limited to:
          1. Serve as the primary point of contact for the customer, contractors, and COMPANY XXX; essentially “owning” the outage. The primary goal is to ensure smooth execution and the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
          a. Schedule pre-outage/post outage meetings and walk-downs.
          b. Perform Pre-Outage walk down, understand scope of work, and collect all necessary information needed to successfully develop quotation and execute an outage.
          c. Coordinate schedule requirements between the customer, various contractors, Emerson I&VS, and COMPANY XXX.
          d. Keep COMPANY XXX (Inside Sales/Account Manager) and Emerson I&VS informed of execution plans, expectations, and changes.
          e. Ensure all paperwork is completed on time and in a quality manner (Quotes, Cost Tracking, Change Orders, Time Sheets, As-Found/As-Left reports, etc.)
          f. Develop final outage book with all documentation and present to customer.
          2. Recognize, pursue, and secure opportunities to increase the scope of work and products sold during an outage.
          3. Track the actual job costs versus the estimate/quote.
          4. Review contractor and I&VS invoices for accuracy when outages are completed and negotiate settlements when they are not.
          5. Verify and approve invoices for release to the customer for service work and ascertain that they meet the customer’s expectations.

Comment

#1 above sounds like one needs to enjoy talking on the phone a lot.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              #1 above sounds like one needs to enjoy talking on the phone a lot.
              I have the gift of gab, so no problem....

Comment

Sounds like someone who coordinates gas to sales flow when wells are shut in or theres a problem.

Comment

Yep sounds like you're in charge of failure repairs. Sounds like stress in a bad way, but if the money is good and that's all you want...check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    Yep sounds like you're in charge of failure repairs. Sounds like stress in a bad way, but if the money is good and that's all you want...check it out.
                    Well I am hearing that the money is certainly good, as well as the benefits. Also, looking at the company website, they are involved in process management - flow controls and monitoring, specifically PID control / monitoring of everything to do with gas and oil refiners.

Might be a great position to help break into the gas/oil industry, which has never seemed to be a bad idea to me..

Comment

Yup. I sell software to O&G industry that tracks hours/fitness for duty during outages and turnaround for refineries....

Who is the hiring company?

Comment

Ahh so it's all downstream?

And did you say it's Emerson?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          Ahh so it's all downstream?

And did you say it's Emerson?
                          It's called Company XXX !

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
                            It's called Company XXX !
                            So another 93LXHORSE story begins!

Comment

Just got back from the interview. Lasted 2 hours and went extremely well. I will be going back for a second interview in a week or so with some other team members and management.

They deal with power plants and refineries. It's a pretty challenging position. All my experience leading up to this point was very useful for him to hear and very applicable. I am the first candidate interviewed, so we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                              X