Cameraman for COPS gets killed by cops while on the job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
    Sad deal, no doubt. Guy was wearing a vest, but he caught a round in the armpit.

I'm curious though, how much an airsoft "sounds" like a real gun (doubtful)? And muzzle flash??? I know they cycle and there's a click of all that happening. But sounds like a real gun with muzzle flash? 'Course, if I saw a real gun pointed at me and saw it cycle, I'm sure I'd be drawing, too.

Then the crook...what kind of moron take an airsoft and shoot at cops knowing they have REAL guns.
    Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
    Are you saying that after the cops are drawn on they should also wait to hear what the gun sounds like to confirm it's real?
    No. See above.

Originally posted by GE View Post
    Where anywhere in that report does it mention anything about what the gun sounds like? Or anything mentioning muzzle flash? Are you seriously saying cops should wait until they're fired upon before they shoot?
    Was familiar with the story outside of the OP's link:
    Three officers shot multiple times after the 32-year-old robber fired what looked and sounded like a real firearm, Schmaderer said.

Witnesses inside the restaurant told investigators that Washington fired the first two shots. Though he was found to be using an Airsoft pistol that doesn't fire real bullets, the gun produced a muzzle flash and recoil, and it sounded real to officers, Schmaderer said.
    Looks like the "flash" has been struck from original stories, but here's a copied link: http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...post1587695981
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
      Sadly, in today's climate regarding police officers and how they respond/interact/operate, it would almost seem that that's what the general public would want
      It is what the general public wants. Armchair "journalists" have convinced the public that a person is only a threat when they posses and use a deadly weapon. Cops should carry "stingers" at all times, or some crack to sprinkle on the victim.

Comment

Working...
      X